Tv Tuner Question

I hope I am posting this in the right place. :rolleyes:

I am thinking of getting a new tv tuner for my computer and I am wondering which pci or external card would give me the best resolution and quality on a 19 inch lcd and also on the 2405DV that i will be getting soon.

Vash

i couldnt say for sure, but i think the HTPC forum might be a better place for this post.

none of the TV tuners will look great as the LCD's stech the pixels to hell and make everything look very cubic. However, if you insist on the best go with a PCI card by Hauppauge . Cant get any better than that card. Make sure you get a good combo like this...

http://store.snapstream.com/bundles-sidebar.html

this isnt the best price for a combo but this is a good example of what im talking about...

TV tuner card, TV software, Remote

The 'ol standby (IMO), is the Hauppauge PVR-150.
It looks great on a CRT, but on my 2405FPW, it looks a little grainy. It is standard NTSC resolution, after all.

Hauppauge does make PCI HDTV tuners, but I don't have any firsthand experience with those.

ATI's All-In-Wonder series uses Videosoap to improve the image quality. I can really tell the difference on my systems when I turn it on or off. I found it even looks better than FFDshow.

Thought I would mention it since you want good image quality.

Back