tv tuner?? maybe?

greygoose

Weaksauce
so.
you have a cable (no cable box)
and a dvd player.

how do you connect both to your computer?
is there something that will accept a direct cable line?

links would be good im clueless

Yes, a TV tuner will handle that. Most of them have both a coaxial input for the cable line, and an S-video or composite input over which you can run the DVD player.
The only problem with that is that many DVD players send a signal to scramble the feed over any device deemed capable of recording, like VCR's.

What are you planning on doing that you need a DVD player and not just the DVD-ROM drive?

mavalpha said:
Yes, a TV tuner will handle that. Most of them have both a coaxial input for the cable line, and an S-video or composite input over which you can run the DVD player.
The only problem with that is that many DVD players send a signal to scramble the feed over any device deemed capable of recording, like VCR's.

What are you planning on doing that you need a DVD player and not just the DVD-ROM drive?

nothing at all.
i could just use my dvd rom i just have to purchase one.
u have a link for any good (maybe one you've used or are currently using) tuners? im assuming they will be pci cards? or are they usb?
its seems the usb ones are expensive over pci...
how does this look...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122221

Back