• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TV-Tuner for Laptop

Dark_fire

Gawd
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
599
Can someone recommend me a good TV tuner for a laptop? I am looking to ditch my ancient CRT TV and dual purpose my laptop, as I am stuck in a college dorm and space is at a premium. Output is going to a 24in Samsung LCD @ 1920x1200 with a HDMI -> DVI-D adapter. The laptop itself is a ASUS g50vt-A1 with vista home premium, so power is not an issue here(takes on GTA IV no problem) and I am willing to use either a ExpressCard/54(preferred) or USB. Must be able to do NTSC+ATSC+QAM, as well as composite as a minimum, Remote would be preferred, but not required. Svideo would be good, as well as any other inputs. Being a desktop replacement, the laptop itself does not move unless I go home.

Any Ideas?
 
ExpressCard tuners are a lot less common than USB (read: less competition = more expensive) I think most of the recent USB tuners are pretty competitive feature wise.
 
So no one can throw me a bone here? All of the USB and express card ones that I can find seem equally shitty.
 
Back
Top