TV Remote Control Watch $4.99 @ RatShack Online & B&M

SJetski71

Fully [H]
Ripped from Anand:

PRODUCT FEATURES
• Control your television and cable box with a wristwatch—regardless of brand
• Know the correct time—the remote control has a fully functional analog watch built in
• Operate the TV from 12 to 15 feet away (up to 12 feet away @ 20° angle; up to 15 feet away directly in front of TV)
• No "aiming" required

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a...g_name=CTLG&category_name=&product_id=15-2170

Shipping applies to online orders but in-store pickup is available

I ordered this monday, got it yesterday (8.4)

Good looking watch but in case you didn't know you have to program the specific TV into it before you can control it. Comes with a small booklet that documents all different brands of TV's and the "codes" that are applicable for the TV. Some TV brands have 1 code other 10 codes. Takes about 10 seconds to program in 1 code but it may not be the proper one and the watch only holds one at once. Same situation for it's cable box feature (can control those too).

Just wanted to clear up what I thought when I was ordering it: you cannot simply aim it at the TV and change channels and volume. You have to look up the codes in the booklet (easily fits into a wallet) and attempt them.

Johnny Lightning said:
Oh man, here come the middle school flashbacks...

hahah yea!! I remember payin like $30 for one a long time ago,back in the day Id turn on the tvs in class and turn them off when we watched something crappy. Was funny to watch the teacher try to figure out why the tv was broken.

Man I had one of these things too. Had to have been middle school. I remember controlling the vcrs when we watched videos in class. Everyone knew it was me except for the teachers.

I love taking my ipaq out to sports bars... It has soemthing called Nevo built in that can controll anythign via IR. Since I hate NASCAR so much I usually change all the RACE tv's to something like comedy central. Funny as hell watchign the guys tryign to figure out wtf happened and dealing with drunk rednecks.

Pappy said:
I love taking my ipaq out to sports bars... It has soemthing called Nevo built in that can controll anythign via IR. Since I hate NASCAR so much I usually change all the RACE tv's to something like comedy central. Funny as hell watchign the guys tryign to figure out wtf happened and dealing with drunk rednecks.

I use my 2215 to do the same thing with basketball, I always try to find a hockey game :D Love hockey, hate basketball... doesn't really cause much of a fuss, guess many agree with me.

screw the watch...I used to do that in high school with the Palm IIIxe and OmniRemote loaded...you could zap that thing from pretty much anywhere in the room

TheCzar said:
screw the watch...I used to do that in high school with the Palm IIIxe and OmniRemote loaded...you could zap that thing from pretty much anywhere in the room

Oh man, don't belittle the watch. You put your remote control watch on one wrist and then put your calculator watch on the other wrist... you'd have been cooler than corduroy.

would this owrk with an aiw or a tv cature card that has the remote feature

complex said:
would this owrk with an aiw or a tv cature card that has the remote feature
I really doubt it. The watch only works with tvs and vcrs that have been programmed into the watch. There is no way for it to learn new codes.

jpmkm said:
I really doubt it. The watch only works with tvs and vcrs that have been programmed into the watch. There is no way for it to learn new codes.
but the computer can learn new signals

Rakinos said:
but the computer can learn new signals
Good point. I believe the AIW remotes are RF, though. It might work with other tv tuner cards. If that fails then it's not too difficult to build an IR receiver.

Back