TV/PC monitors Vs Pure PC monitors

SXTC

Limp Gawd
I recently heard that TV's that can be used for PC's are better in quality/performance then PC monitors. Is this true? I think it might be because TV/PC screens use a lote more energy.

It's hard to make a general recommendation or say "yes" or "no", but usually - no. When it comes to large TVs which can of course accept an input from a PC, calibration possibilities is a far cry from what PC monitors are capable of. Also, often flaws become more apparent when sitting close to a large monitor - and larger monitors do have more flaws than a similarly priced PC monitor.

If you're talking about the trend of 22/24" TV/PC monitors, they are all TN panels and AFAIK these monitors do not even support 24p, but are native 60 Hz panels. So think of them as PC TN monitors with a TV tuner box attached to them. Better panels i have no idea, but i don't see any reason why they should be better - they're completely normal PC monitor panels.

All I can say is this, I tried no less than TEN TVs for for PC gaming, from 32" to 42", from LCD, LED, and Plasma (all 1080p), from Sony, Samsung, and LG. They were great for gaming but on the desk top, font looked really bad no matter WHAT I tweaked, aspect ratio, GAME mode, PC mode, you name it...

I got an HP LD 4200, a MONITOR, NOT a TV. From the SECOND I hooked it up, the desk top and web browsing looked GREAT, no tweaking required.

my sister has an old monitor plugged in, only set at 1280x720p and yes it's true, the font's stay bad no matter how big you try to make em (this TV is 30").
and when you go away after looking at it 30 mins, you see pixels on everything you look at XD (just noticed that today, it's like I saw grains in everything that I looked at wich had text on it).
When you look at the screen you just notice annoying dots but when you turn it off, it's like you can't :/ (it gets better after an hour or 2-3..)

so basicly, if you want quality for your pc, you should get a screen especialy for PC..

Back