• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TV-output functionality from D-Sub, how can you tell?

Sprtfan

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
342
I have several old video cards that only have DVI or D-Sub. I want to be able to use one in a HTPC to be used on an old CRT TV. I can buy a VGA to S-Video cable pretty cheap but the video card has to support TV-output functionality. Is there any way to tell if the card can do this? Even if I look up the card on the manufacters website I can't seem to get an answer yes or no. Is it common for video cards to have tv out via the D-Sub or is it very rare? Thanks for any help.
 
It is very rare for a card to have TV-output from D-sub. Usually, if they do support that kind of output, they have a separate S-Video port to do that.
 
Thanks, I thought that was probably the case but was hoping not to have to buy a new video card.
 
Back
Top