TV out

Scorcher

n00b
Can anyone point me in the direction to how I can get TV out on my computer. I have a 9700 pro, but it doesnt have it, so I am hoping I can get some sort of tuner card to do it. I have a tv tuner card, but all it has is video in, nothing going to the tv.

I hate to say it, but your going to probably need a different card, or at least an additional one. Matrox has several PCI graphics cards which are quite affordable, with the option of dual head or single monitor and TV out. I'm afraid that MOST 'TV cards' only do the importing, since TV out is usually a dedicated ramdac feature they dont like to include to keep prices down

I would suggest selling your card on the boards.. or even E-bay, and getting a newer AIW 9600 Pro... or even the new AIW 9600 XT. They are the friggin cat's meow :)

I just got a AIW 9600 Pro, and it allready looks like it's going to OC to XT levels :D

Are you saying your 9700pro does not have s-video out on it? What model is it? ATI had converters that will turn DVI or VGA to HD-Component video.

And if you plan on gaming on your TV, i would stick with the 9700pro. One look at the old DIII or HL2 benches should show you that. Please understand I am NOT starting a 9600 vs 9700 fight though.

Back