tv on 2001fp

Ogre67

Limp Gawd
alright, i got a 2001fp, is there a way to hook it up so i can watch tv on it? it has video in, but not coax. whats the way i need to set it up

Originally posted by Ogre67
alright, i got a 2001fp, is there a way to hook it up so i can watch tv on it? it has video in, but not coax. whats the way i need to set it up

Connect it to a [ TV Tuner | Cable box | VCR | Satellite receiver ] that has a [ S-Video | composite | DVI | VGA ] output.

well i got a vcr, has svideo output.. so can i plug the coax into the vcr, then plug svideo into the monitor and somehow get cable to work on my monitor?

well i got a vcr, has svideo output.. so can i plug the coax into the vcr, then plug svideo into the monitor and somehow get cable to work on my monitor?

If it's not digital cable, and if the VCR's tuner is cable-ready, yes.

alright got video workin through vcr with composite, and sound hooked to my reciever composite..

kinda fuzzy on the 2001fp but i think it may be my input is shitty..

it works.. peachy..

:)

alright got video workin through vcr with composite, and sound hooked to my reciever composite..

kinda fuzzy on the 2001fp but i think it may be my input is shitty..

it works.. peachy..

:)

It's likely due to the fact that composite is the lowest-quality connection method you could have used, and that NTSC is only 640x480, interlaced. On a 1600x1200 native display, that's going to look awfully grainy scaled up. TV is, by nature, low quality.

Originally posted by tim
a vcr with s-video out !?!

Certainly. What's odd about that? Odd would be a VCR with component or DVI out (and it being a normal, rather than HD, VCR).

Back