TV no longer recognized HDMI input from computer

TypeRazor

Gawd
I have a Samsung LN46A850 TV and a 4870 (512MB)
Before I could take my computer into the other room and hook it up with my DVI->HDMI adapter and connect with a HDMI cable. Now it just says No Signal but if I unplug the cable it goes to Check Cable so the TV obviously knows it has a cable plugged in.

Im not sure what the problem is, I can hook up my xbox no problem with HDMI. I tried a fresh install of W7 and Vista both with CCC installed and not and I get the same thing everytime. It is really stressing me out. Please help.

Maybe an edid issue with newer drivers.
Perhaps it was working with an older driver.

That's very possible, I have been meaning to try that. The current drivers work on my monitor just fine, also using a DVI->HDMI adaptor with an HDMI cable. Would it be possible that since I have CCC set in advanced it does not set the polling/Hz automatically?

Have you tried booting with both displays attached and seeing what dual screen options are available?
What options you get might indicate something useful.
I wish I could help more but I have little recent experience with ATI cards.

Yes, I did boot with both attached and I enabled the TV in CCC yet still no signal. I even let CCC automatically configure the TV using the default/basic controls and still nothing.
I have also booted the computer with just the TV and the computer boots up fine but no signal, yet I can plug in my monitor after its loaded and very and works fine.

Im about to go and try the original drivers that came on the CD (CCC 8.6)
EDIT: No luck on using the older version, it does not even recognize the TV as an option. Ugh.

Last edited:
Somewhere in CCC there's a check box for manual detection, and auto detection, try that maybe?

I tried it and both times it could see the TV when i added it, I even changed the resolution to all available choices but again, same results. For some reason its showing 29/30i Hz which does not seem right. Im going to get the manual out and mess around with the pixel clock and sync polarity before I go out and get an Nvidia card to test.

Back