TV - 3D or not?

Pylor

Limp Gawd
I know this is a "displays" forum but I'm not sure if that includes TVs implicitly or not, so feel free to move this to off topic if necessary. I'm going to be buying a large (likely 70 inch) tv soon, and with that in mind I was wondering what was the general though/speculation of forum go-ers as to whether or not 3D was worth it or not. I should add that most 120hz-240hz tvs tend to make me feel dizzy (not sure why), but I've never actually watched anything in 3d to know whether that affects me or not.

Also, any points to great deals/quality models would be much appreciated!

If you want the best, you will be getting 3D included and also Smart TV stuff. They don't make stripped down models with great picture anymore :/

the fact that 3D was a no-show at this year's CES says all you need to know about the future of 3D at home

Yeah, it's totally dead. Maybe you can go to a store and sit and watch to make sure you don't get a headache? Because that could be an expensive headache...

Thanks for the responses, it pretty much confirms what I've been reading and what some others told to me. Just wanted to make sure! It looks like 3D is dying in favor of 4k tv, which is good imo, but I don't think 4k will be main stream for awhile. Even most of the nfl games I watch on cable tv look compressed and pixelated if you look at the still frames. Maybe that's just my local comcast though.

Last edited:
I guess no one was able to make a satisfying solution without the need for glasses or very specific viewing angles.

Back