watson1987
n00b
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2006
- Messages
- 37
Flashing your Biostar T-Force 6100 939 Motherboard without a floppy drive involved booting off a USB key, that has the flashing program and your newest bios image
Thing to Download
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/20306.html
Press Download
http://www.datoptic.com/Drivers/DAT.exe
Should start the download (I'm not sure if I should be hotlinkin the download like this) I have tested my usb key only with this DOS image, Im sure others will work, but I have not tested them
http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/bios_details.php?id=3
This seems to be the latest bios, however the American Biostar website has another version as their latest, currently I used the American site for lack of knowledge for the correct bios
http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=tforce+6100-939
Download AWARDFLASH_826G_DOS.EXE
What to do now?
1. Stick a floppy into your host computer (or use a virtual floppy program like the one found here - http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vfd.html)
2. Run the DAT.exe file, and press "Create", this will create a bootable floppy disk image which you will use for your usb key
3. Run SP27213.exe file, which you downloaded from the HP website, go through the installation press next and accepting everything
4. Run the new shortcut found on your desktop called HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (don't worry it is not just for HP usb keys)
5. Select your USB key from the drop down menu, select "FAT" filesystem, check "Quick Format" and "Create a DOS Startup Disk". Now press Browse and find your A:\ drive, and press OK.
6. Press Start and wait a couple seconds (say 20 seconds) and it should be done
7. Take the downloaded image and AWARDFLASH_826G_DOS.EXE and extract the contents by running the program (you should have AWD826g.exe, and README.TXT), first rename the AWD826g.EXE to something like flash.exe as this will be easier to work with in DOS (you can delete or read the text file). Take your image (whether it be *.bst, *.rom etc..) and rename it to image.bst or whatever the extension was before you renamed
8 Copy these 2 files (the image and the flash.exe) onto your usb thumb drive via My Computer, I opted to create a folder called bios (eg J:\Bios\ *put files here* )
9 Restart your computer, press F9 at the bios load screen and select your USB key from removable hard drives, it should come up as a USB Harddrive (atleast mine did)
10 Since I did not have a hard drive installed I got the DOS prompt at C:\ (this make be different then you) To double check type "dir" without the quotes and press enter, you should see a folder called "Bios" or your other image files if you didn't make a folder. If you made a Bios folder type "cd\bios" and press enter
11 Now type "flash.exe image.bst" and press enter, follow the onscreen instructions by press "Y" and typing in a file name for your OLD bios if you want to save it, let it to it's thing and you should be done
12. Beer
Please leave any comments in this page and I will update it if need be, if you have any questions please ask before you try as I will not take responsibility for the correctness of this tutorial, it worked for me but it may not work for you, as always be smart and take your own risk.
If you are unsure of any programs I used please let me know (if needed I will go into more detail about the virtual floppy driver if your computer currently doesn't have a floppy drive)
Thing to Download
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/20306.html
Press Download
http://www.datoptic.com/Drivers/DAT.exe
Should start the download (I'm not sure if I should be hotlinkin the download like this) I have tested my usb key only with this DOS image, Im sure others will work, but I have not tested them
http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/download/bios_details.php?id=3
This seems to be the latest bios, however the American Biostar website has another version as their latest, currently I used the American site for lack of knowledge for the correct bios
http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=tforce+6100-939
Download AWARDFLASH_826G_DOS.EXE
What to do now?
1. Stick a floppy into your host computer (or use a virtual floppy program like the one found here - http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vfd.html)
2. Run the DAT.exe file, and press "Create", this will create a bootable floppy disk image which you will use for your usb key
3. Run SP27213.exe file, which you downloaded from the HP website, go through the installation press next and accepting everything
4. Run the new shortcut found on your desktop called HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (don't worry it is not just for HP usb keys)
5. Select your USB key from the drop down menu, select "FAT" filesystem, check "Quick Format" and "Create a DOS Startup Disk". Now press Browse and find your A:\ drive, and press OK.
6. Press Start and wait a couple seconds (say 20 seconds) and it should be done
7. Take the downloaded image and AWARDFLASH_826G_DOS.EXE and extract the contents by running the program (you should have AWD826g.exe, and README.TXT), first rename the AWD826g.EXE to something like flash.exe as this will be easier to work with in DOS (you can delete or read the text file). Take your image (whether it be *.bst, *.rom etc..) and rename it to image.bst or whatever the extension was before you renamed
8 Copy these 2 files (the image and the flash.exe) onto your usb thumb drive via My Computer, I opted to create a folder called bios (eg J:\Bios\ *put files here* )
9 Restart your computer, press F9 at the bios load screen and select your USB key from removable hard drives, it should come up as a USB Harddrive (atleast mine did)
10 Since I did not have a hard drive installed I got the DOS prompt at C:\ (this make be different then you) To double check type "dir" without the quotes and press enter, you should see a folder called "Bios" or your other image files if you didn't make a folder. If you made a Bios folder type "cd\bios" and press enter
11 Now type "flash.exe image.bst" and press enter, follow the onscreen instructions by press "Y" and typing in a file name for your OLD bios if you want to save it, let it to it's thing and you should be done
12. Beer
Please leave any comments in this page and I will update it if need be, if you have any questions please ask before you try as I will not take responsibility for the correctness of this tutorial, it worked for me but it may not work for you, as always be smart and take your own risk.
If you are unsure of any programs I used please let me know (if needed I will go into more detail about the virtual floppy driver if your computer currently doesn't have a floppy drive)