• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

Phandalyon

Guest
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
5,839
Quick question to see if anyone knows for sure.

I just picked up a set of Logitech Z640 speakers and they take up all three ports on my onboard sound card. I need a mic in and aux in (For video capture) as well though. These are gone right now of course. So I was looking for a new sound card. I was looking at the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card found here:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/soundcards/santacruz/indetail.asp

It has really good reviews on Newegg and a good price but I was wonderinf if anyone knew if I would be able to run my new Z640s and still have the mic and Aux inputs that I need.

Thanks.
 
I had one for a couple of years in my dell (I didn't just say that).

Now in my custom pc, I bought an Audigy 2 ZS with Logitech Z-2200 speakers. They work amazing together. Id' say ditch the Santa Cruz, and get the Audigy.

Jnick
 
NOTE: Do not get santa cruz for 5.1 system. the card only imitates the system, if you search around carefully you will find it is not true 5.1

i personally hated the card and could not get rid of it. the simple Audigy LS made my Logitech Z640 speakers sound amazing, and that card only costs around 40 on newegg
 
MrWoot said:
NOTE: Do not get santa cruz for 5.1 system. the card only imitates the system, if you search around carefully you will find it is not true 5.1

i personally hated the card and could not get rid of it. the simple Audigy LS made my Logitech Z640 speakers sound amazing, and that card only costs around 40 on newegg

Will the Audigy work with the 3 input system of the Z640 and still allow 2 more inputs?
 
Ok, you guys have me almost talked into the Audigy. I just cancelled the order with the Santa Cruz on it. I have to order by tomorrow morning. Will the LS do everything I need it to?

Or should I just go for a higher end Audigy?

How about the Audigy ES?
 
Wow. We have a computer audio forum?

Thats what I get for never wandering out of cars...

Well, I have done some searching in here and I think I want the Chaintech AV-710

Inexpensive and looks like it will fit my needs perfectly.

Oh, and to avoid the inevitable:

I don't really game at all, I listen to music mostly.

When I do game its not usually what anyone here would consider good games.

I will be doing some video capture and watching movies/listening to music.

i am not really an audiophile, I even have the stock stereo in my car ;)
 
Back
Top