turret pc mod

crashbox

Limp Gawd
So ive started to work on a turret pc mod. so far i just have the barrel rings made in sigmanest and ill be nesting them to the plasma machines here at work. (yeah i lucked out) These designs are made with 10ga steel in mind but i may up that to 12ga if it doesnt have the look that i want.

Here are the links to my plans if anyone else would like a copy of these files let me know and i can email them out,

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

well the barrel rings are hot off the press i took a before and after shot, since they needed to be cleaned ( the plasma machines leave burs along the cuts )

Before cleaning

After Cleaning

tonight i will be using 1/2 inch conduit and cutting it down into 5 3.5 inch barrels, and then this weekend ill be welding the barrels in place and working on my tripod to hold the unit up

unfortunately no, im pretty much just winging it, ill post more pictures tomorrow im too tired to xfer my pics and post them right now, been welding and running the shears and brakes today fabing parts. I can tell you that so far my tripod is done and the 1/2 inch conduit has been cut and welded to the barrel sleeves, and i have my "drive rod ran, i had some issues with the plasma cutters today making my drive gear so i can have the barrels spin up, im going to try to re burn that pattern tomorrow

well here is the construction of the barrel assembly, the conduit was cut down to 29" for each barrel, i then tack welded the sleeves to the barrels using a mig welder. now that it is tacked in place im going to finish welding the barrel assembly, clean the slag off and then it will be primed and powered coated black

well this looks fun

well i would say more of a mixed bag of fun and frustrating, i just had to redesign my ammo box that is going to house the computer due to a fatal error on my part... forgot to make room and cut outs for the psu :rolleyes:

here are the drawing files used to make the ammo pack

It seems im down to the wire so im going to be staying a little late at work tonight to get this finished and ready for paint tomorrow, looks like i have a little over 24hours to finish this project before i head off to quakecon on Thursday morning

Last edited:
last update of the day, as you can see i have completed the ammo box, so tomorrow all i have left to do is finish the mini gun portion and then paint and install, as far as paint goes i am leaning toward the mini gun portion and tripod being powder coated black, and the ammo box having the old army olive green outside with yellow accents and the inside going for a gun metal grey.

would be awesome if the turrents spin when its on with led lights flashing for the bullet flash and hooked up to subwoofers for sound effects :D

i can now see the light at the end of the tunnel, everything has gone to be painted, as soon as it dries and i can move it ill snap some final shots

Bump for updates? I know we are all just itching to see this thing :D

Back