• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Turnomode when overclocked?

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
4,701
Looking through the 930 over clocking thread I noticed that the vast majority of individuals appeared to be turning Turbo mode off. What exactly does it do when overclocking? I was under the impression it simply bumped the multiplier up to 23x (on the 930) does it still do this? If thats the case I can understand turning it off.
 
A lot of boards can lock the multiplier to the turbo multiplier.

That way, you can make the CPU run in "turbo mode" all the time.

And to make that work, you have to turn "turbo mode" off and manually set the multiplier.
 
On Evga X58 boards, you actually have to enable Turbo and disable EIST to get the higher locked multi.
 
Back
Top