Got a friend with a system from Cyber Power Systems.
Athlon 64 3200+ 754 Socket
Asus KV8 Pro
Geil Value 512 MB DDR-3200
Maxtor 120 GB HDD
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
He says...
"I was at my friend's house setting everything up on the computer. Everything was fine. I brought it home and I booted it up through the whole black/white screen process and it was fine. Until I got to the Windows XP screen, the whole screen got darker and the screens are duplicated into 4 screens. I have a 1996 monitor though - Element 17" monitor. It used to work fine though. I'm not sure what happened. It wouldn't work after I installed Far Cry."
This was a very awkward situation for me to be asked of. I've never been able to even get four split screens. The funny part is that I've been looking at how to get it split ever since a couple of years ago. Either way, my very limited experience with that problem only yielded the following suggestions I made:
1) Check the VGA/DVI connector on both sides.
2) Check if the video card is placed correctly.
3) Check display properties and perhaps configure the view settings.
4) Install latest video drivers.
5) Replace VGA/DVI cord.
6) Get a new monitor.
Somehow I really doubt it's a physical thing-- it must be a driver conflict of some sort. Or it just may be the monitor itself. But it's strange to hear that it looked fine when booting up but splits when it enters Windows XP. :/
To my theory, it can look fine with black and white but when there is color, it can be screwed up. Since it requires more bits for colors, the whole variation can be screwed. I strongly believe it may be the VGA cord.
-J.
Athlon 64 3200+ 754 Socket
Asus KV8 Pro
Geil Value 512 MB DDR-3200
Maxtor 120 GB HDD
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
He says...
"I was at my friend's house setting everything up on the computer. Everything was fine. I brought it home and I booted it up through the whole black/white screen process and it was fine. Until I got to the Windows XP screen, the whole screen got darker and the screens are duplicated into 4 screens. I have a 1996 monitor though - Element 17" monitor. It used to work fine though. I'm not sure what happened. It wouldn't work after I installed Far Cry."
This was a very awkward situation for me to be asked of. I've never been able to even get four split screens. The funny part is that I've been looking at how to get it split ever since a couple of years ago. Either way, my very limited experience with that problem only yielded the following suggestions I made:
1) Check the VGA/DVI connector on both sides.
2) Check if the video card is placed correctly.
3) Check display properties and perhaps configure the view settings.
4) Install latest video drivers.
5) Replace VGA/DVI cord.
6) Get a new monitor.
Somehow I really doubt it's a physical thing-- it must be a driver conflict of some sort. Or it just may be the monitor itself. But it's strange to hear that it looked fine when booting up but splits when it enters Windows XP. :/
To my theory, it can look fine with black and white but when there is color, it can be screwed up. Since it requires more bits for colors, the whole variation can be screwed. I strongly believe it may be the VGA cord.
-J.