Turning off hotmail filter

Defc0n 6

Gawd
I am currently using hotmail (actually, a free msn account), and I think that a while ago I might have accidently turned on the low level junk mail filter. Now, I have no idea how to turn it off and it is really starting to tick me off since I feel like I am missing a lot of emails :( If anyone sees where you turn it off through hotmail.com, that would really really be helpful. Thank you!

On the top right there are two very small buttons, options and help. Click on options.

Click on Junk Email Protection

Click on Junk Email Filter

If it is set to Exclusive, you on get email from people in your address book. I would try Enhanced or Default.

Click OK

Thanks, but I alrady know how to do that. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to completely turn it OFF?

Default is the lowest way to go, that is a new policy that hotmail implimented to protect themselves. There is no way to completely turn off the filters. Check your block list, maybe you added somebody to it. I've never had the default mail filter block anything but the most blatent stuff. Also, if you set it to not delete the junk mail automatically, it will go in the junkmail folder so you can look at it, but this fills up so fast that your account will trip the limit...

Back