Turned off PC by plug accidentally..

Yes_sir21

Weaksauce
I know it is wrong to turn off a computer by power plug but it has happened to me a couple of times by accident. I know you will loose all unsaved projects.

But does it harm any of the hardware ? which and how ?

It is possible to damage some hardware this way, most commonly is a mechanical hard drive, but the cases are fairly rare. The biggest issue is the open system files which have a much greater risk of becoming corrupt if the system is not shut down properly. Basically, if you do it enough times, your system will no longer boot properly and you'll have to reformat/reinstall your OS.

It is possible to damage some hardware this way, most commonly is a mechanical hard drive, but the cases are fairly rare. The biggest issue is the open system files which have a much greater risk of becoming corrupt if the system is not shut down properly. Basically, if you do it enough times, your system will no longer boot properly and you'll have to reformat/reinstall your OS.

This about sums it up.

Sounds fair enough. OS or HDD failure is not that big of issue compared to damages on CPU, MB,PSU etc.

Back