Turn Water Bottles Into Alcohol Fueled Rockets

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sitting around with nothing to do on a Monday afternoon? Here's a creative way of getting a little more use out of an old water bottle before it heads of to the recycle bin. :cool:

While not quite as fun, next time you finish a bottle of vodka with your friends, turn off the lights and drop a match in the empty bottle.

ya....

I can hear my kids now:

Me: Why did you set your brother on fire?
kid1: well it said to use an empty bottle, but I thought why empty another bottle...lets use the alcohol bottle instead
kid2 ...groan....

oh ok, I barbeque with charcoal so have never seen one. I was thinking of the hand lighters.

I would make one improvement: Add a tupperware bowl to the launch shaft to keep the hair on my knuckles.

Excellent way to BLOW yourself up... "DON'T TRY THIS - it could start a fire." The Taliban could use this instructional video and modify its content just a tiny bit using MORE Rocket Fuel... to blow themselves up! :eek:

This has thus far provided me with hours of entertainment. Best simple idea ever. Wife calling me a child is just bonus.

I'm doing this when I get home as it probably would be a bad idea to do it at work even though I have all the parts.

This is pretty much the same thing we did making potato guns. Nothing new really, except I remember using lg diameter pvc and hair-spray as the accelerant.

More accurate, and heavier firepower.;)

Whatever you do, DO NOT:

Get an oxy/acetylene torch. Adjust to cutting mixture (if it you don't know what that is, good), and put the out the flame by tapping on bench.

Grab a trash bag. Put nozzle inside. Now hold down the oxy bar until the bag is full.

Tie off bag. Tape a piece of cannon fuse or M80 fuse to the outside. Long is good.

Light fuse with cig or punk, and run at least 100 feet away.

Certainly don't do this within 50' of a window.

You have been warned.

Whatever you do, DO NOT:

Get an oxy/acetylene torch. Adjust to cutting mixture (if it you don't know what that is, good), and put the out the flame by tapping on bench.

Grab a trash bag. Put nozzle inside. Now hold down the oxy bar until the bag is full.

Tie off bag. Tape a piece of cannon fuse or M80 fuse to the outside. Long is good.

Light fuse with cig or punk, and run at least 100 feet away.

Certainly don't do this within 50' of a window.

You have been warned.

Don't put it on 50' of rope with some helium balloons either. Def not a good idea

Back