• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Turn on 1 psu with another

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,594
I have a case with space for two power supplies, I had an idea, When I power on the machine, I want the first PSU (Running motherboard proc and ram to power up the 2nd psu (running harddrives and fans.) I thought I could run a wire from the green line (ATX ON) on the first supply, to a negative on the 2nd, anyone got an idea on this?
 
Interesting, I didn't see that before, but I wouldn't pay for it. I would rather just slap a couple wires across the case..

I am trying to see exactly what pins it is using, so that I can just do this with a couple cheap supplies around here
 
all you need to do is run two wires from the green and black lines from one PSU to the other PSU. thats all.

that adapter makes it so that you dont have to strip and splice wires. it serves the same function.
 
My idea was simply some extra wire, and some scotch locks :) No splicing required :D
 
Back
Top