Turion notebook w/ brightview as cheap as $375 + taxes/shipping

Office Depot has a special going this weekend for the v2000z for $399 after MIR's with the very base features:

40 gig HD
DVD Rom
sempron processor
256 mb ddr
no wireless lan
etc.

The great thing is that they have an additional $100 MIR when you purchase a notebook with an A64. There is an upgrade option for $75 to go from the sempron to the turion making the cost $474-$100 = $374. They will charge you $40 for shipping + tax where applicable. Some office depots will accept competitors coupons so a $30 off $150 staples can be used to offset the shipping costs. This is a crazy price for a Turion system, oh and they have free upgrade to bright view screen.

[H]ellbringer said:
It's on page 7 of the ad. Go to http://www.officedepot.com and click the ad link on the right.

You have to order the computer in store at the kiosk to get the rebates. If you just want to look at the upgrades available, go to http://www.techdepot.com/bto.asp?CatID=9992&iid=1119 and type in the configuration code from the ad. Don't order from techdepot -- the prices are different and you won't get the rebates advertised.

edit: if you want WiFi, spend the $25 or $30 now for the 802.11b/g miniPCI card. HP/Compaq (also IBM) uses BIOS whitelists to lock out 3rd party miniPCI cards. You'll be stuck with USB or PC Card WiFi if you don't order it during configuration.

pxc said:
It's on page 7 of the ad. Go to http://www.officedepot.com and click the ad link on the right.

You have to order the computer in store at the kiosk to get the rebates. If you just want to look at the upgrades available, go to http://www.techdepot.com/bto.asp?CatID=9992&iid=1119 and type in the configuration code from the ad. Don't order from techdepot -- the prices are different and you won't get the rebates advertised.

edit: if you want WiFi, spend the $25 or $30 now for the 802.11b/g miniPCI card. HP/Compaq (also IBM) uses BIOS whitelists to lock out 3rd party miniPCI cards. You'll be stuck with USB or PC Card WiFi if you don't order it during configuration.

+$35 cd-burner+$40 for memory+$30 wireless g = $480 and even comes with a free generic HP PRinter. That is [H]awt. Will visit Office Depot ASAP... or now :D but bg on MASS mail-in rebates.

Socrilles17 said:
Office Depot has a special going this weekend for the v2000z for $399 after MIR's with the very base features:

40 gig HD
DVD Rom
sempron processor
256 mb ddr
no wireless lan
etc.

The great thing is that they have an additional $100 MIR when you purchase a notebook with an A64. There is an upgrade option for $75 to go from the sempron to the turion making the cost $474-$100 = $374. They will charge you $40 for shipping + tax where applicable. Some office depots will accept competitors coupons so a $30 off $150 staples can be used to offset the shipping costs. This is a crazy price for a Turion system, oh and they have free upgrade to bright view screen.

Okay well I do have a question pertaining to the purchase of this laptop. I purchased this laptop with the upgrades, but I didn't get a MIR for the upgraded processor. I'll post the rest of the info later, but to the original poster, is this redeemable online?

Oh yeah, shipping is $40 extra if it's delivered to the store or your home.

Socrilles17 said:
no this is instore only

I bought it in the store, and it costs $40 since it's a custom build to have it shipped to the store or from your house. now tell me about this turion rebate, dammit.

k...
Compaq Presario V2000Z
HP Deskjet 3847 printer
AMD Turion 64 ML-28 (1.6ghz)
14.0 WXGA Brightview widescreen
ATI Xpress 200m
512mb memory
54g wirless lan/speedbooster
40gb 4200rpm hdd
dvd/cd-rw combo
12 Cell Li-on Battery
Windows XP Home w/ SP2
Ground Shipping - 40.00
Ohio Tax - 58.82
Subtotal: $1003.81
Less $300 MIRs
= $703.81
it's gonna be minus another MIR if this guy will tell me about the "turion rebate"... unless it was a crock of balogna :mad:

Oh4Sh0 said:
it's gonna be minus another MIR if this guy will tell me about the "turion rebate"... unless it was a crock of balogna :mad:
I would have jumped on this if the "Athlon 64" rebate would for sure work on the Turion option. I have huge doubts about it even though the Turion is just a renamed Mobile A64. We know that, but the rebate processing company probably won't.

Here is a link to the MIR, note it specifically states Turion, and for all you getting your panties in a bundle is really that hard to search for a MIR on OD website?

Socrilles17 said:
Here is a link to the MIR, note it specifically states Turion, and for all you getting your panties in a bundle is really that hard to search for a MIR on OD website?
Thanks for the link and clearing it up, but no thanks for the attitude.

You originally said "The great thing is that they have an additional $100 MIR when you purchase a notebook with an A64" which didn't exactly do anything to explain that it applied to Turion upgrades. :rolleyes:

yes it is that hard. OD website is not that good. I can't even find Page 7 of what you mention. Help people, don't be a jackass.

that sucks you have to order it in store to get all the rebates, i am stuck in iraq :)

Hito Bahadur said:
yes it is that hard. OD website is not that good. I can't even find Page 7 of what you mention. Help people, don't be a jackass.
:rolleyes:

edit: nevermind, you seem to have found it.

Okay here are some "correct" direction on finding the link:

1. go to: www.officedepot.com

2. Click on the "advertised Specials" link on the right side of the main page

3. Type in your zip code

4. Click on Computers & Software Link

5. Click on Computer Systems link

6. It's the Compaq Presario V200z link

Thanks for the MIR link btw.

Hito Bahadur said:
Okay here are some "correct" direction on finding the link:
Or you can just follow the original instructions. :rolleyes: All 12 pages of the ad have been there all week. I'm looking at page 7 right now. No one else here, on AT or on FW had any trouble viewing the online ad.

natekoz said:
that sucks you have to order it in store to get all the rebates, i am stuck in iraq :)

You have any family state side that can pick it up and mail it to you?
It looks like it will take about $1000 out of pocket before all of the Rebates kick in.

re:thread
I checked out the screen last night on my way home from work. It truly is a brightview screen. It does look a bit dim, but it's not too bad. The resolution is 1280x768 (widescreen 14")

Before you get upset about me being a little offensive when posting the MIR, look at the earlier comments:

"it's gonna be minus another MIR if this guy will tell me about the "turion rebate"... unless it was a crock of balogna "

and

" now tell me about this turion rebate, dammit."

Now, obviously IMO, these were suppose to be taken as a bit on the sarcastic side, but so was my comment......simma down now

Oh and I tried to go see how "easy" it is to find the MIR, once you have the SKU it is fairly easy, but finding the SKU is a bit of a challenge :)

how many peeps are hopping on this deal?
I emailed this deal around @ work and it seems to be the RAGE. ;-)

thanks for the heads up!

I was thinking of picking one up to use as a portable internet recording studio. ...I use an external sound card, so I don't care about what's onboard.

I fired up Knoppix 3.7 on the system (I know they're old distros) and the sound card & high res weren't supported.
I'll try version 4.0 when I go back.

*so* anyone else excited about this lappy?

I'm currently using an ASUS M3700N for mobility junk.

Anyone know if these can be configured in store like one can configure them online at hp's website and still get all those kick ass rebates?

EDIT: Yep, and you need to get the printer to get more rebates.

Socrilles17 said:
Doesn't it say there that you have to purchase at least 2 items to qualify? :confused:

For those of us who are interested, but don't have the foggiest about the Turion processor... anyone have a link?

MERKMAN said:
For those of us who are interested, but don't have the foggiest about the Turion processor... anyone have a link?
A Turion is just a low voltage Mobile Athlon 64 (Socket 754). Any Mobile Athlon 64 review/info applies at the same speed:

35W
ML-40 2.2GHz 1MB L2
ML-37 2.0GHz 1MB L2
ML-34 1.8GHz 1MB L2
ML-32 1.8GHz 512KB L2
ML-30 1.6GHz 1MB L2
ML-28 1.6GHz 512KB L2

25W
MT-34 1.8GHz 1MB L2
MT-32 1.8GHz 512KB L2
MT-30 1.6GHz 1MB L2
MT-28 1.6GHz 512KB L2

vs the old Mobile Athlon 64 models (35W-62W, non-DTR):
3700+ 2.4GHz 1MB L2
3400+ 2.2GHz 1MB L2
3200+ 2.0GHz 1MB L2
3000+ 1.8GHz 1MB L2
2800+ 1.6GHz 1MB L2

(and there are odd cut down versions from certain vendors like HP: 2700+ = 1.6GHz 512KB L2, 3500+ = 2.4GHz 512KB L2, and probably others)

If you notice, the ## rating on the Turion has been "adjusted" from the older S754 Mobile Athlon 64 rating, giving the Turions one speed bump at the same speed. :rolleyes:

The other thing I'm toying with is pulling the turion out and replacing it with a cheap sempron, and using the turion to OC on a S754 board. AMD uses there best silicone for these mobile processors, my 3000+ DTR had the same steppings as the FX chips when I bought it (CAA2C) and OCs to about 2.6 ghz on a shuttle (which means it would probably do about 2.8 ghz with a decent mobo/hsf. If these Turions are similar to the FX's they would have the potential of hitting close to 3 ghz on air.

Konrad said:
Doesn't it say there that you have to purchase at least 2 items to qualify? :confused:

Seems like what they mean is laptop + processor. Otherwise the rebate contradicts itself where it says "When you purchase 'A' select....etc"

Ok last night i ordered mine.

AMD Turion ML-30 which has 1mb cache for $25 more than ML-28 which has 512kb cache.
40GB Hard Drive.
Free Bright Screen 14" Wide Screen.
54G Wireless.
and all the rest standard which comes with it.

Now i am really confuse about that $100 aditional rebate which says you much purchase 2 items to qualify, does it means i had to purchase 2 laptops for this rebate or it means Compaq Presario laptop + AMD 64 bit processor which i did.
My total was $869.99 which does not include $300 rebates from Office Depot & Compaq, so i am looking.

$869.99-$300 = $569.99 - $100 additional rebate = $469.99 which includes $40 tax + $40 shipping.

If you guys please let me know that i am thinking right about my price?

Look at your receipt and look at the rebate. On the receipt you will see both the SKU for the laptop, and the SKU for the processor, so it should work fine.

Ok if this laptop does not comes with Memory card reader than it is a big turn off for me. I checked HP's website before i went to Office Depot and ordered it, i thought it is standard stuff.
What the hell Productivity ports are?

Back