Tuniq tower, temps seem a bit high

sc3252

Gawd
Ok, so I bought a tuniq tower 120 thinking that it would drop the temps of my e4500 cpu overclock, but it doesn't seem to be the case. My overclock is @3.2Ghz with a temperature ranging from 62-64C at load with a voltage of 1.41~. From all account I have read is that the voltage isnt terribly high, but the temps are. So I am not really sure what is going on, since I have read of much much higher overclocks on stock intel coolers.
One idea that I have is that the cooler isnt set right, I am thinking that since I wasn't sure how much I should screw down the screws + I am able to wiggle the cooler around with my hand if I want. I guess I am wondering(since it didnt say in the directions) How far should it be screwed down, and should it wiggle at all?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

The tuniq comes with a backplate, so just tighten all four screws down. Dont worry, you wont hurt anything :).

Might also want to change the stock fan as well. It barley moves any air on low and its way too loud on high.

Ok, thanks for the tips. When I get home I will tighten it a bit more, and look for a new fan.:)

I have T120 on E8400 and the temps are always around 60C or higher at 1.31v or higher 3.8ghz+ .. and the two cores are about 5-9C apart in temp.. I think it just doesn't have that good of a connection to the CPU.. Next step is lapping it and I'd like to lap the cpu too but that will kill the warranty. I tightened it down quite a bit and reinstalled it a different direction even and still no change.. It's not getting warm so the fan is working
I'll post back sometime later when I get a chance to lap it and change the fan..

Back