• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tuniq Tower Replacement Fan

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
12,829
I have a Tuniq Tower 120 that I’ve used since July of last year with the stock fan. Now I know the stock fan is actually pretty good with its 9-bladed design but it’s still a fairly slow fan and there has to be room for improvement there.

Who has swapped out their tuniq tower fan and what were your results?

I already run both of my 4850’s at 100% fan and have two 7-blade Silverstone 120’s that I run at 100% all the time so I’m not really worried about noise. The Tuniq Tower 120 does however use a somewhat unique design where the fan is mounted inside the heatsink with very little wiggle room, which seems like there would be potential for certain fans to not fit even if it seems like they would.

Right now I’m seeing temps as high as ~20C to TjMax under Prime and the fan seems to be the weak link.
 
First thing I would suggest you do is measure the width of the fan in that heatsink to see if it's a standard 25mm unit or a thin fan. If it's 25mm, you could replace it with pretty much anything. I would recommend a Yate Loon fan though, since they're fairly quiet while at the same time pushing a decent amount of air with good static pressure.
 
I think he just wants the "baddest-ass" fan out there. 2 4850s @ 100 fan speed already - that can drown out my A/C.
 
I think he just wants the "baddest-ass" fan out there. 2 4850s @ 100 fan speed already - that can drown out my A/C.

Yeah, but I doubt a high-speed Delta would fit inside the Tuniq Tower ;). Yate Loon makes some pretty high-CFM fans as well. I would recommend a Scythe Slipstream, except their low static pressure makes them less than ideal for use with heatsinks.
 
Check for dust and reseat the cooler first.

I recently upgraded to my P5Q-pro not too long ago so it shouldn’t need a reseat or anything yet. I’m pretty sure the temps are just a result of my 1.5vcore and high ambient.

The fan width is 25mm, but it fits in there very tight, nearly scraping along the metal as it goes in. I see that they now make a 9-fin version of the Silverstone fans I use as my main intake and exhaust fans (have 7-fin versions now). They supposedly blow 110CFM at full blast compared to 88cfm on the Scythe Slipstream, but I just don't know how it's going to behave while inside the heatsink.

I have all my fans on a main fan controller if I need to quiet things down at night or whenever, but I’ve noticed that at LAN parties, etc where I often encounter my hottest ambient temperatures anyway the noise level of everything going on is so loud it really doesn’t matter how loud my computer is. My xeon rig I had before had a 80mm and 92mm tornado along with two 60x38mm Delta EHE fans on the processors, all of this stuff is quiet in comparison :p
 
I replace my with a Noctua 120mm fan and the temps went down a couple of degrees and it was a lot quiter.
 
was just wondering because i have a noctua 120mm vortex fan.. moves half the air the stock fan did.. yet cools my cpu by an extra 10C at full load on a big typhoon VX.. just wondered since i have an extra standard noctua 120mm fan.. which ill probably use on my fileservers heatsink..
 
Either the Scythe Slipstream 110CFM or Scythe Ultra Kaze 133CFM. The Slipstream has a very good noise/performance ratio I found. Plus the Slipstream has longer blade/rotor ratio so covers a little more area.
 
Back
Top