• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tuniq Tower mobo compatibility?

fsh42na

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
1,472
I'm looking at either the Rampage formula or Maximus Formula 2 to go with my Tuniq Tower, but I'm a little concerned whether this heatsink will fit either of these mobos.

Any of you out there with the Tuniq and either of these mobos?


Thanks for your feedback:D
 
I have a rampage formula with a Tuniq Tower on it. To have the fan oriented up or down no modification is needed. To have the fan blow front to back or back to front, requires modification of the top screw down bracket.

I used a hack saw to remove the two AMD mounts from the plate and it fit fine front to back after that.

The silver H bracket here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...iption=Tuniq+Tower+120+P4+&+K8+CPU+Cooler needs the two mount points labled ( K8 ) removed to fit in the front back orientation.
 
I have a rampage formula with a Tuniq Tower on it. To have the fan oriented up or down no modification is needed. To have the fan blow front to back or back to front, requires modification of the top screw down bracket.

I used a hack saw to remove the two AMD mounts from the plate and it fit fine front to back after that.

The silver H bracket here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...iption=Tuniq+Tower+120+P4+&+K8+CPU+Cooler needs the two mount points labled ( K8 ) removed to fit in the front back orientation.

Gorankar,

thanks for the reply. So you're saying you just took a hacksaw and cut off the protruding K8 mounts so that the outside edges of the "H" bracket are straight (as can be)?

Thanks
 
Gorankar,

thanks for the reply. So you're saying you just took a hacksaw and cut off the protruding K8 mounts so that the outside edges of the "H" bracket are straight (as can be)?

Thanks

Yes.
They only just hang up on the NB and PWM heatsinks of the mobo. You don't have to cut them flush. You just need them about half way cut down on each side. Cutting them flush would not hurt any thing though. Obviously K8 compatability is gone after you do this though. And as I said, this is only if you want the fan running front to back or back to front. If you want the fan to blow staight up or down in a typical ATX case, no modification it required for it to fit.
 
Huh, I have a Rampage Formula/TT, and got away with slightly, and I mean slightly, bending one of the copper heatsink fins to get the clip to fit. I can always bend it back if I change coolers.

I have it blowing to the back of case.
 
I tried that with mine and could not get enough clearance. Perhaps a small difference in the heatsinks on the mobo, or the hold down plate for the Tuniq Tower between yours and mine? I wish I could have got away with just bending the mobo heat sink a little. Hopefully the OP can get away with just that as well.
 
Back
Top