Tuniq Temps with New Fan

Andhar

Console Gamerz Rulez
A while ago before I switched to water I asked if anyone knew how much the temps on the Tuniq Tower would drop if the stock fan was replaced... This was a WHILE ago but here are the results

Stock Tuniq Fan @ 3200 E6600

Idle : 41C Load: 73 Peak

With New Thermaltake Thunderblade 78CFM fan.

Idle: 39C Load 67 Peak

Temps were taken using core temp & Tat using Orthos to heat.
Hope this helps anyone thinking of changing fans.:D

Im runnning a Pentium D 805 at 3.4Ghz and my load is 57C with an idle of about 43C. Im not too sure, but arent C2D supposed to run cooler than previous dual core procs?

Im runnning a Pentium D 805 at 3.4Ghz and my load is 57C with an idle of about 43C. Im not too sure, but arent C2D supposed to run cooler than previous dual core procs?

I think so too. Andhar, your load temps are kinda high buddy. I have a C2D 6300 on tuniq tower 120 and my temps are 42C idle and 57/58 on the CPU at loads. :rolleyes:

I agree - your load temps are particularly high for some reason!

Are the mounting screws tight enough? Did you use sufficient thermal compound? Is your heat spreader / HSF convex/concave?

I am no longer using that cooler I switched to water my temps are alot lower these days.

the reason it might seen high was the 6600 was OCed to 3200

Its more like the Tuniq and the IHS had poor contact. Going from a Tuniq to WC at 3200MHz wont give you that much more cooling.

I am no longer using that cooler I switched to water my temps are alot lower these days.

the reason it might seen high was the 6600 was OCed to 3200

I have my E6320 @ 3GHz (and it runs great at 460MHz FSB / 3.22GHz also) and I don't see the large difference between idle/load - that was the thing that alarmed me the most.

In any case, nice to hear your temps are lower these days!

Going from a Tuniq to WC at 3200MHz wont give you that much more cooling.

Umm yeh thats not so true my temps dropped quite a bit at 2400mhz my idle temps were 26C load 34C

3200mhz - I never paid attention to my idle but the lowest i have ever seen it at was 18C on and it loads at 57C after a few hours of orthos. thats going from 73C on air quite a difference.

I had always been skeptical about water cooling but that drop made a believer out of me.

My Pentium D is hotter than your C2D any given day. Im overclocked from 2.66Ghz to 3.4Ghz and its still cooler than your setup...well your old setup. Kinda odd.

I spent some time lapping my tuniq. I'm glad I did, as I discovered the base was anything but flat. Additionally not only was it not flat, but it wasn't unevenly unflat. In other words, it's not as if the base were convex or concave. Rather, there were areas that were concave. It took for freaking ever to get the last 2 spots sanded flat. These were on opposite sides of each other, around the joins for the pipes. It's as if the metal drew up there--like little finger prints, but this would not have been the case.

I'm about 25/29 C idle, and about 10 degrees hotter under load/after gaming (same thing, eh?).

--ceolstan

I spent some time lapping my tuniq. I'm glad I did, as I discovered the base was anything but flat. Additionally not only was it not flat, but it wasn't unevenly unflat. In other words, it's not as if the base were convex or concave. Rather, there were areas that were concave. It took for freaking ever to get the last 2 spots sanded flat. These were on opposite sides of each other, around the joins for the pipes. It's as if the metal drew up there--like little finger prints, but this would not have been the case.

I'm about 25/29 C idle, and about 10 degrees hotter under load/after gaming (same thing, eh?).

--ceolstan

I am planning on lapping my T.Tower 120 also but i need to know how do you tell that the surface is exactly even. I know the razor blade trick but can you visually 'see' the surface being even when you lap? I'm asking since i lapped my Freezer 7 pro and well some ppl told me to do about 10 reptitions and turn the HS and repeat but sometimes the surface is still uneven. I gues the question is do you go with the repitions or with wat your eyes see?

I am planning on lapping my T.Tower 120 also but i need to know how do you tell that the surface is exactly even. I know the razor blade trick but can you visually 'see' the surface being even when you lap? I'm asking since i lapped my Freezer 7 pro and well some ppl told me to do about 10 reptitions and turn the HS and repeat but sometimes the surface is still uneven. I gues the question is do you go with the repitions or with wat your eyes see?

I want to know this as well.

Back