Tuniq 1000W PSU $99AR + SH @ Newegg

sn_85

[H]ard|Gawd
Comes with a nice 3 year warranty too according to Tuniq's website:

"we will replace new one when the power supply was broken within 3-years."

Heh...

Probably the shittiest decent 1kW PSU out there, but a great deal for $100 :D.

It will take loads well. It's decent and won't go out on you. Just doesn't have the best efficency.

Good deal for a 1000W unit, but I wouldn't want to skimp on the power supply. If someone needs 1000W, they probably have a bunch of expensive stuff in their system and should be able to afford something like the Corsair 1000HX. Doesn't make sense to have a power expensive system powered by a semi-decent PSU.

Like I tell my friends, the foundation of a good computer is the power supply...

Never ever compomise on a PSU.

Because if that thing goes, chances are, the other components will explode accordingly.

Man, if you're going to spend the money to get a a 1000W PSU, why cheap out? Also, if you have the kind of rig that NEEDS a 1000W PSU, why put it at risk?

Man, if you're going to spend the money to get a a 1000W PSU, why cheap out?

Well, this is cheaper than most PSUs over 600W, so it's not really spending the money for a 1000W PSU, it's more like if you have a budget of $100 you may decide to get a mediocre 1000W one instead of a really nice 600W one.

Also, if you have the kind of rig that NEEDS a 1000W PSU, why put it at risk?

That makes more sense. I'd probably place more trust in a quality 700-800W PSU. Even if it costs more, it's worth it, and there are very few rigs that truly need 1000W. If you do have a rig that needs 1000W, then you definitely don't want to cheap out and get this thing.

Basically, for a PSU this cheap, you don't want to trust it to do well when put under a heavy load, so why bother?

Also, if you have the kind of rig that NEEDS a 1000W PSU, why put it at risk?
Because someone who needs a 1000W PSU shouldn't actually be loading it to 1000W, and at lower loads this PSU actually performs pretty well. A 1000W PSU really should not be loaded to more than 600-800W.

This is a good power supply, IDK why people are getting it twisted.
Because it's a mediocre PSU that barely stays within the limits of the ATX specification. It can still provide decent power, but as far as reliable PSUs go, it's pretty much at the bottom of the barrel.

it's funny how a psu that isn't considered one of the best in it's class is automatically the "shittiest decent XXXw PSU out there", shitty and decent are pretty mutually exclusive where I come from , it got a passing grade in the review on this site which would be good enough for me, if I needed anywhere near that much power I would definitely pick one up, psu snobs be damned...

I've got one in my system right now actually, swapped it with the Corsair for testing, I've had no problems with it so far, seems fine, though I'll still put my Corsair back in when I'm done testing....

Last edited:
Back