I've had my HTPC for many years, but since I was on satellite TV, it was basically a media PC connected to my HT.
My new apartment has cable, and I've subscribed to a double-play with "Blast" internet and only 45 basic channels. It's still more $$ than I expected, and promo rate only lasts 6 months... after which I won't really be able to afford it. A tuner card could save me a small amount off the bill.
OR, there is potentially over-the-air HD reception with a good antenna.
HTPC is running Win8 with MC.
DVR functionality is a must. Multi-channel would be preferred. Single room, single TV.
I have zero experience with tuner cards.
Comments? Suggestions? Advice?
My new apartment has cable, and I've subscribed to a double-play with "Blast" internet and only 45 basic channels. It's still more $$ than I expected, and promo rate only lasts 6 months... after which I won't really be able to afford it. A tuner card could save me a small amount off the bill.
OR, there is potentially over-the-air HD reception with a good antenna.
HTPC is running Win8 with MC.
DVR functionality is a must. Multi-channel would be preferred. Single room, single TV.
I have zero experience with tuner cards.
Comments? Suggestions? Advice?