Tubing installation..

iSteez

Gawd
Hi guys..

I have a quick question.. I am using a Swiftech Apogee Gt block (1/2" barbs) and 7/16" tubing.. It took some elbow grease getting the tubes on the barbs of my other components.. Do you guys recommend installing the tubing on the CPU block outside of the case and then mount it on the mobo? I only ask cause I am a bit squeamish using that much pressure on the mounted block w/ the cpu (e6750 on DS3R) underneath it..

Apologies if this is the noob question of the century but this is my first component by component installation of watercooling..

Thanks !!

If you have the high flow barbs, then installing the tubing while the block is already set onto the cpu is fine. If the barbs are the perfect seal, then you should install the tubing onto the block outside the case.

I use that same tubing/barb size combo myself. Make sure you put the ends of the tubing into boiling water for about 10-20 secs before sliding them onto the barbs. Makes it alot easier when installing the tubing.

I guess its the perfect seal.. Its the black plastic ones that came on the Apogee GT block.. Arent high flow barbs typically Chrome?

The plastic barbs are not perfect seals.

You can either dip the ends of your tubing in boiling water, or apply a tiny amount of dish soap around the barbs for lubrication.

As long as you lube the barb and boil the tubing you can install tubes inside the case.

Thanks for the information guys.. will have it up and running shortly.. Im stoked!!

Back