• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tube discoloration

Vighi

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2010
Messages
14
Had my loop for about 6 months now. Doing some maintenance on it the loop. This is what all my tubes look like. The water was clear as the day. Anyone know what could have done this? And how can I avoid it happening again?

yD9jHl.jpg

The white/yellow discoloration is like a powder. I can wipe it off easily with some paper towels.

Setup is:
XSPC 480
EK Supreme HF Full Nickel
Tygon tubing
 
Tygon 3603 is notorious for discoloring. Its basically the plasticizers in the tubing leaching. Only way to correct it is to change the type of tubing you use. There are other forms of Tygon, the B-44-4 seems to be more resilient to hazing and clouding. I use Primochill ProLRT, and it doesn't cloud...at least not quickly.

But otherwise, best things to do to avoid stained tubes.

Pure distilled plus biocide or silver for coolant
Don't use Tygon 3603/r1000, Duralene, or Masterkleer (debate on masterkleer, some have success)
 
Thanks for the reply.
I am going to changing all the tubing for Masterkleer. Destilled water + a drop or two of PT_Nuke.
 
Thanks Bad, I used 3603 for years and couldn't figure out why it was always clouding. Now I know to use other stuff :)
 
If you want something that absolutely won't cloud, visit mc master carr and get food grade tygon. The discoloration comes from stuffl leaching out of the plastic and you can't have anything leaching into food.
 
Tygon B-44-4x is food grade tygon. Sold at Sidewinder for the cheap price of $4 per foot!! But hey...the price we pay, right?
 
i used to have the same problem with tygon. now i use primochill no issues till now
 
I just use regular poly/plastic lines from home depot used for potable water. Cant have crap in potable water and they work great. Crystal Clear!
 
Sorry, but the first picture shows the OP did not properly flush his radiator.

That fine white powder is radiator flux, not plasticizer leech.

Yes Tygon R3603 does leech plasticizer like a sieve, it doesn't look like that.
 
Back
Top