• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tualatin 1300@1733 help needed

SBeaver

n00b
Joined
Aug 24, 2001
Messages
31
I just got a tualatin and a slotket and I'm trying to push it to the limits.
If I turn the voltage up to 1.8v I can boot at 133fsb (1733MHz) but it hangs when loading DOS.
The board I have can do 150fsb and 140fsb very stable so that's not the limiting factor.
How high can I go on the voltage?
I still have the stock cooler, are there any waterblocks that fit socket 370 still available?
Cooling mosfets will that help?
I don't really need to go any higher than 133fsb, it works fine for me and my memory likes it. good to keep pci and agp on stock speed.
 
How do you know it will do 140 and 150 fsb stable?? If it will do that "stable" there is no reason it wont do 133. I think you are just hiting the limits of the cpu.
 
I meant that the board does 140 stable. I've been running like that with my old chip for a long time.
 
i dont think youll be able to hit 1.73 with that, what kind of cooling are you running on that?
 
I got a server 1.4 Tualeron running @ 1.68 in a arrangement like you're describing and no matter what I've tried I can't get it to 1.736 ghz (14 * 124) Is yours the Celeron?? That fsb is 100 sttock. I think your cpu ran out of headroom. Mine will POST and run, unless I play a game then I get the BSOD.
 
I'll get more info when I get my hdd free so I can install something on it.
I'm gonna try some mosfet sinks and see if it helps but im out of AS epoxy
 
Back
Top