• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TT's Sonic Tower - Future Compabitillity?

muaddib

n00b
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
41
Hello...

I have recently put an eye on this beast.
I have 2 question tho, if the answer is "Yes" for both of them, i'll buy it in notime.
- Will it be compatible with X2?
- Will it be compatible with AMD's next sockets? (M2 for instance)

Thanks in advance.
 
The X2 is nothing more than a Socket 939 CPU, so if it fits a S939 Board then you are good to go
 
I'm not sure anyone really knows at this time, but to me, adding 1 pin to the cpu shouldn't warrent a whole layout change. Good luck not ripping your cpu out of your motherboard with that thing and it's torque and center of gravity though :p
 
Hmm.. Thanks for the answers, so I guess it will be OK with M2?
I can't wait any longer, this crappy stock AMD HSF is killing me with its ridiculous levels of performance and noise (in a bad way), should I just hop on it now?

:confused:
 
Well, I think it should be compatible, and if not - nothing a lil' mod will fix.
 
muaddib said:
Oh.. and recommendation for a good 12cm fan would be great!

Panaflo's are my favorite, however they are 38mm thick and I don't know how/what size fans that heatsink accomodates. Also it would add more weight than your standard cheap 120mm fan (25mm thick).
Panaflo medium speed
 
ThirtySixBelow said:
I'm not sure anyone really knows at this time, but to me, adding 1 pin to the cpu shouldn't warrent a whole layout change. Good luck not ripping your cpu out of your motherboard with that thing and it's torque and center of gravity though :p
eh its not that heavy, pretty light if you asked me esp for sumthin that big
 
Back
Top