• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TT Tsunami Case Fan (Loud?)

Pixeleet

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
1,145
For those of you who have this case, is your rear fan louder than the fan in the front of your system? If I unplug the rear case fan, the system is pretty quiet, but with it on, I can hear it up to 1-2 rooms away (about 40 ft).
 
bump because TT support hasn't gotten back to me yet (if they ever do :-/).

If you want to, suggest alternative LED fans (must be 120mm) to replace the stock TT fans. It might work out better in the end with "non-stock" fans... who knows. :rolleyes:
 
Yep, the rear fan in my Tsunami is much louder than the front. TT rates the fans at 21db, that is a complete lie. Oh, and dont expect a reply from TT, their customer service is crap. I'm going to replace mine with a 120mm Silenx.
 
I'd rather have an LED fan in the back, and 1) SilenX doesn't sell LED fans IIRC and 2) i'm not l33t enough to mod a fan with LEDs :(
Any other options?
 
bump because I wanna buy new fans by tomorrow :) i highly prefer a blue LED 120mm in the back and a regular 120mm in the front, but both have to be a hella lot quieter than the ones in the tsunami right now. i've started thining, is it the integrated grill in the rear of the case that causes so much noise? my antec's have the same design in the back but are not nearly as loud (iirc).
 
Any recommendation on the best 120mm fan out there that has a good airflow but quiet.?

EDIT: with blue LED.
 
I couldn't sleep next to my TT. I couldn't even watch tv with it on except from in front of it, as the fans were louder :(
 
Could give it a try, but I just got a fan controller and new fans (cost me about £40 in total) and that's more aesthetically pleasing (aerogates look cool)
 
ReNeGaDe* said:
Could give it a try, but I just got a fan controller and new fans (cost me about £40 in total) and that's more aesthetically pleasing (aerogates look cool)

Was thinking of buying that. But I heard LED fans connected to a fan controller will make the LED blinks due to a lower voltage. Is that true?
 
the best led fans in my opinion are coolermasters. they have invisible wires and are crystal clear. 42cmf and 22dba they are quiet and wont screw up your pressure ratio. Get it here is one
 
For me, the front fans are louder than the back ones. Don't know why but that's the one that I will replace first.
 
I have those coolermaster fans and they are class. The LEDs don't blink when I lower the fan speeds, but what does happen si that they dim a bit, but I never actually noticed until once I was looking to see if the fan slowed down as I was changing speed and noticed the brightness of the LEDs changing. It's not that much though.
 
Back
Top