TT Silentboost Vs. Coolermaster Aero 7+

Teitoku

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
346
Newegg lists the TT Silentboost (my current fan) at 27.5 CFM and the Aero at 22 CFM max.
Is that even correct?

My 2500+ at 2.2ghz runs about 50c normally, and up to 54c under load with the Silentboost. Would the Aero be worth my time?

I'm also getting a big-name power supply (either antec truepower series or a sparkle) too, that should help smooth things out too.
 
I just installed an Aero 7+ on my 2500+ running at stock speed.

I used Arctic Silver 5 according to the directions on their web site.

I'm running Prime95 right now... it actually appears to be worse than the stock heatsink fan was... but I'm going to give it some time to settle and see what happens.

I'm at 41C after 10 minutes of Prime95... I'm gonna let it go for 4 hours if it doesn't get too hot. With the stock cooling I got it up to 51C after 4 hours.
 
OK... about 2 hours into Prime95 I'm at 43C... looks like it is working pretty well... I am about 6 degrees cooler than I was with the stock heat sink and fan.
 
Well... I'm 3 1/2 hours into Prime95 and I'm at 42C. I was at about 49C at this point with the stock heatsink and fan, so I guess the thing is working?

It sure LOOKS a lot better than the stock heatsink and fan too :D
 
OK... after 4 hours of Prime95 I am at 42C... that is down 9 degrees from the stock heatsink and fan which hit 51C.

I'm pretty pleased with the Aero 7+.
 
i dont remember my temps with the stock cooler but i do remember that i was very very impressed when i got the TT SilentBoost
i think it cooled about 10C or so better than my stock--im happy with it :D
 
Back
Top