just got my first watercooler. after I ordered it (bigwater) I checked this forum and many people feel that it "sucks"
heres how mines running:
Barton 2100+ or 2500+ (dont know, all I know is the stock multiplier is 11x, can anyone tell what I have?
now at 2350mhz, 1.904v
34°c idle
~41°c load
I was getting much higher temps, until I set an 80m fan over the waterbolock, and this lowered my asus probe numbers dramatically. I'm thinking my board isa bit funny about my temps, perhaps asus probe is not reporting actual cpu core temps. when quickly reboot, after running prime95 for a while for max tems, the BIOS always reports 80°F and quickly drops to 75°F
runnng an a7n8x-D.
what do I belive? im stating to think that the bios is showing actual cpu temp and probe shows chipset temp??? why would setting a fan over the water block lower temps so much?? the waterblock feels cool to the touch even under max load for a long period.
another Q: whats another good heat-producer/stability tester besides prime95?
thanks!
heres how mines running:
Barton 2100+ or 2500+ (dont know, all I know is the stock multiplier is 11x, can anyone tell what I have?
now at 2350mhz, 1.904v
34°c idle
~41°c load
I was getting much higher temps, until I set an 80m fan over the waterbolock, and this lowered my asus probe numbers dramatically. I'm thinking my board isa bit funny about my temps, perhaps asus probe is not reporting actual cpu core temps. when quickly reboot, after running prime95 for a while for max tems, the BIOS always reports 80°F and quickly drops to 75°F
runnng an a7n8x-D.
what do I belive? im stating to think that the bios is showing actual cpu temp and probe shows chipset temp??? why would setting a fan over the water block lower temps so much?? the waterblock feels cool to the touch even under max load for a long period.
another Q: whats another good heat-producer/stability tester besides prime95?
thanks!