TSA Screener Steals $50k In Electronics from Travelers

backscatters were brought in because of the people strapping bombs to their chests ,etc(like what happened in Russia)

shoes have to be taken off because of the shoe bomber Richard Reid
also the underwear bomber.

liquids/gels/creams etc were banned for a while because of liquid bombs(bla) and now there ok but a limited amount 3.4oz

theres always a reason for these new security upgrades (trust me i dont like the backscatter also) :p

if terrorists change and find ways to bypass security, security needs to change with it(i know most of you get that)

p.s
i dont know if anything I wrote made sense, if it did not then /Stone me!

If you put something as obviously valuable as an iPad in your checked baggage you deserve to have it stolen.

Uhm doesn't the TSA tell you to check your own bag with them standing there? I went on a hiking trip and my friend kept his little tool(kinda like a pocket knife just without the knife, screwdriver, wrench ect.) in his bag for some reason and the TSA lady said she is not allowed to touch/handle his bag. My friend had to empty it himself in front of her until they found the suspected object. Isn't that how they are supposed to do it it, not take it somewhere else?

Also what is it with this forum and government hate, did you all get raped in the middle of the night by government officials or something? Jesus you guys are so butthurt over everything the government does to try to keep YOU safe. :confused:

Also what is it with this forum and government hate, did you all get raped in the middle of the night by government officials or something? Jesus you guys are so butthurt over everything the government does to try to keep YOU safe. :confused:
Defending the constitution is neither government hate

And you're kidding yourself if you think that molesting thousands of people per day and frequently robbing them is keeping people safe.
rvvds7.png

Sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled government bashing, but you seriously don't think things would get stolen if the TSA wasn't involved? Things have been getting stolen out of luggage as long as luggage has existed. Long before the TSA things were stolen by the airline employees, private security contractors, etc. Once you handed your bag over to the airline you have no idea where it went or who handled it. Given an opportunity dishonest people will steal regardless of what uniform they are wearing and who pays them.

Anyone that checks expensive items is a moron too. The only thing you should check is clothing, travel supplies, or low value items. Checking small valuable items like electronics has always been an invitation to theft.

Sorry, just wanted to add since there is no edit in news. It's not that I'm saying it isn't a good thing to question, but bashing the entire TSA because someone is caught stealing isn't one of them. As an independent IMO, far too much is being spent on security measures vs risk as illustrated by fattypant's chart, but running the far right isn't going to fix anything since they are responsible for the base of many of the current policies. We need more moderates that think for themselves instead of kow-tow to political extremists and industry.

fattypants you think a country can run with a government that does nothing? With the federal government doing nothing you would see more terrorist attacks, and the whole country would go down the shitter. Get real, without a government your fucked even if they are corrupt.

fattypants you think a country can run with a government that does nothing? With the federal government doing nothing you would see more terrorist attacks, and the whole country would go down the shitter. Get real, without a government your fucked even if they are corrupt.

Glad to know that you're willing to bend over when asked.

Glad to know that you're willing to bend over when asked.

Glad to know you want a country that will burn and be full of little corrupt governments(if you want all power to states) or that will just be taken over by another country that see's it as free territory(if you want all the people to have the power).

Good job thinking realistically though, glad to know that this isn't my own country where people are so narrow minded and just hate the government.

Glad to know you want a country that will burn and be full of little corrupt governments(if you want all power to states) or that will just be taken over by another country that see's it as free territory(if you want all the people to have the power).

Good job thinking realistically though
, glad to know that this isn't my own country where people are so narrow minded and just hate the government.

LOL....wow...yeah, he's narrow minded....

[Tripod]MajorPayne;1037489824 said:
The TSA can't violate your 4th Amendment rights when you consent to have your person and property searched upon arrival to the airport. That's like saying an NDA you SIGNED violates your First Amendment rights to free speech.

Is there an actual clause that you agree to when purchasing an airline ticket that specifcially says you will be searched by a government employee as a requirement to travel?

Or is it implied?

Can a private contract override the powers of the government specifically limited by US Constitution? This is not a private orginization hired by the airline to enforce its security. That would be a lovely example of capitilism. But this is still the government forcing you to agree to give them rights that they do not normally have in order to use a private service.

Back