• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Trying to use RAMDisk; thwarted by runtime error 6

Eisenblut

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
1,108
I can find nothing useful other than the general reason why a program would generate the error in question:

"Runtime error '6':
Overflow"

I would like to use Dataram's RAMDisk program to create a 4GB RAM drive to put various temp directories and such on it. However, it will not run. It seems to run for everyone else, though, as I cannot find a single instance online of it happening to someone else (at least that they posted about it).

Any insight into dealing with this and what possibly needs to be repaired?

Thanks.
 
Try it at stock speed. If it goes away, some timing routine may not like running at 4.7GHz. Also report the bug to the software maker so it can be fixed.
 
I tried it clocked at 3.5Ghz and I am still getting the error. Disappointing, to say the least.

Some have suggested updating the VB libraries, but I am unsure which one to do (4, 5, 6, etc); if that would even help.

Going to go try some things and poke around in the dark.
 
Back
Top