trying to update firmware on cdrw

lurker-drop

Limp Gawd
I have an old cdrw drive that i just recently updated its firmware, the update wasn't major, and wasn't needed I felt to just do it anyway. carelessly the update was only for win95/98/ME, and i ran it on XP, i thought the program would just fail since its incompatible, but it seems it tried to write anyway and may have corrupted my current firmware? i started noticing problems. so I updated the firmware on a win98 machine i have and now i am seeing problems still for one thing when i burn a cd and its done, it says its failed, but yet the CD works! and another thing it 'detects IDE devices' longer when i boot up my computer now also the support of burning in dao is no longer there only dao96 which is fine, but is still weird

by the way is a TEAC and I don't think this is could be because of the newer version firmware, its actually going from 1.0X to 1.0Y, very small upgrade, in change logs it doesn't list any change but 'improved readability for special discs'. I think these problems occured the minute I tried running the update program on my windows XP machine... But I didn't have time to full test it out, I just seen it was incompatible and my cdrw was acting weird So i quickly swapped it to my win98 machine to update it correctly. But it seems the problems are still there?:(

Back