Trying to set up a Counter-Strike dedicated server. IP address not working?

xWhiteboy55

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone. For the past 2 days Ive been trying to find out how to put up a dedicated server for half life. I downloaded the Dedicated Server client and ran it on my computer. But, the IP it said the server was is: 192.168.0.100:27015. The internal IP.

Now, I was told to go to www.whatismyip.com and just put the ":27015" in front of it. I did so and my friends outside of my LAN still cannot get in. People are suggesting that it has to do with my ports on my router, and me having no static IP. I really have no clue how to set that up. I was also told to go to www.portfoward.com and look for my router and how to foward my ports to the dedicated server. But it really wasnt making any sense to me, by the directions the website gave me.

Im using a D-link router, model: DI-604 with the E processor. I wanna know what I have to do to get an IP address that my friends will be able to get into.

Thanks a lot.
-matt

I am running a dynamic IP using www.dyndns.org and in my router forward port 27015 to 192.168.1.101 (Linux CS:DS) & it works great.

I has to be your settings. Do you have router and or can you access your machine from the outside world? Are the people trying to connect to the machine on the same LAN/Subnet or outside?

The IP address that whatismyip.com gives you is what you want to give to your friends since that's the address that is visible to the internet. Then you have to set up your router to forward the port to the computer that the server is running on. There should be a port forwarding section in your router's configuration. Just put in 27015 for the port to forward and put in 192.168.0.100(or whatever the IP address is of the computer the server is running on) for the address to forward it to.

Back