trying to see if skype supports VoIP hardware. (idiot support)

LadyJaqie

I Have No Title
Does anyone here know if SkypeOut supports VoIP hardware? I cant find info anywhere...
I tried to ask their live support and got this...
(this is a chat log)
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly. DID YOU KNOW? We have recently added a new payment method called MoneyBookers.com which is now available in your account page. You will get this option towards the end of your Credit purchase process where other credit card options are also listed. You can try using this method if your credit card purchases are not going through.
You are now chatting with 'Paula'
jaqiejean: Hi1 I've been wondering for a long time if skype does, or will in the future, support or sell external 'normal' phones? such as VoIP does, or similar... I would very much like to use skype as a VoIP service, and I would like even more to use it with a cordless phone. AKA skypeout with a cordless phone on my end.
jaqiejean: cisco VioIP service and equipment is horribly expensive.
jaqiejean: VoIP*
jaqiejean: ...hello?
Paula: Yes ,
Paula: Sorry?
jaqiejean: do you not understand the question?
Paula: Yes,
jaqiejean: ok.
jaqiejean: Well
Paula: OK
jaqiejean: basically, I want to know if your techies are planning on adding support for a 'phone adaptor'
Paula: You mean you want to about
jaqiejean: like VoIP does
jaqiejean: if you google VoIP you can see what I mean ;)
Paula: Can You recieve any phone call on your Skype
jaqiejean: basically VoIP is like skypeout but 100x better
jaqiejean: but not use a normal phone
jaqiejean: and the quality is that of anormal phone too
jaqiejean: a normal*
jaqiejean: I basically want to know if they are planning on adding support for VoIP type appliances
jaqiejean: iif so I would buy skypeout
Paula: You mean You want to revieve call on your Skype
jaqiejean: ...that, but more
jaqiejean: you see, with VoIP, you can get adaptors to hook up normal phones.
jaqiejean: and use them over the internet
jaqiejean: if your company did that, supported those devices
jaqiejean: it would boost your market easily tenfold
jaqiejean: as I know very many people paying much more for this service that would go to skypeout.
jaqiejean: if you supported this.
jaqiejean: all you would have to do is tell your manager / development team / tech department that there is a techie saying 'support VoIP hardware PLEASE?'
jaqiejean: and if they did market research
jaqiejean: they would see that it would really be profitable
Paula: You mean you want to use Skype any where in any computer
jaqiejean: no...
jaqiejean: I want to use skype, with an adaptor that hooks up a phone to a computer, so I can use my phone to the internet, these are already in existence and used. the technology is caled vVoIP
jaqiejean: VoIP*
Paula: You want to use Skype with adopter and hooks only not with computer ?
jaqiejean: *sigh*
jaqiejean: is there any way you could forward me to someone that knows technology please?
Paula: Please provide me with your Name ,Skype user name , email address and I will escalate this issue to our 2nd level support.
jaqiejean: Jaqie ****
jaqiejean: ***** is my skype username
jaqiejean: *********@yahoo.com is my email account
Paula: Please wait while I create a (case) for your issue
jaqiejean: thank you
Paula: We have already escalated this issue. Someone will contact you within three business days
jaqiejean: thank you.

------------------------------------------------

LadyJaqie, it would help if you posted a point/question/issue/whatever instead of just a long chat log. Otherwise this is just ranting and inappropriate and will get locked.

I thought the title of the thread would be enough? I said I'm trying to find out if I can get VoIP hardware support into it, if they don't have it already...

Back