• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Trying to mod my AC vent

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
5,770
>< I had no idea were to put a thread like this... this seemed like the best place.

So here is my problem, I have a portable room AC that uses a 5½ round extend able vent (about 3 feet long extended) to go to the window, but the way my room is setup I need to extend the vent by about 8 feet (My desk and bed is currently taking up space near my window) so I need to run the vent from my AC around the bottom under my bed going to the window.

I have gone to Home Depot and looked at the dryer vents but they are only 4 inches so it will not fit.

Does anyone know of a place where I can pick up some type of venting tube that is very flexible that is 5-6 inches and about 8-12 feet long (extended)?


Here is a crappy paint layout of how my room is, the red is the AC and how im trying to do the vent
layoutroommn1.jpg
 
i needed some ducting to route cold air from the ac vent to the front intake fans of my case and i found some at home depot about 6 months ago. it was in the same section as the dryer vents in a plastic bag and it was compressed like a slinky. blew a good amount of air into the computer.
 
If it's going under the bed and such, I'd almost just get a couple elbows and lengths of PVC pipe, then use the flexi stuff that came with it right before the window
 
Back
Top