• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Trying to match this layout.

Dallows

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
6,816
Hopefully this will be easy for you guys to point me in the right direction. I've tried searching but haven't found exactly what I need.

I use footprints at work and there's a way you can create custom dashboard components. Only you have to supply your own code. So I found a way to match the links and customize it with my own, but I can't get it to format correctly. Check out the screen shot.



Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
 
What exactly do you mean? Just looks like two divs to me.
 
IS this output going to a webpage? Or is it part of the application?
 
They're links that search for certain entries in the issue. So if you have categories like "software, hardware" you just edit the code and you can create a link that searches for all the software issues and displays them on the main page.

So what I need is how I can format the code to output like that. Here's the code and what it does right now for my custom component.



This is the code:

<a href="http://helpdesk/MRcgi/MRhomepage.pl?USER=saiello&MRP=kyIY2BzC&PROJECTID=1&LASTID=43311&WRITECACHE=1&problemtype=network">Network</a>
<br>
<p><a href="http://helpdesk/MRcgi/MRhomepage.pl?USER=saiello&MRP=kyIY2BzC&PROJECTID=1&LASTID=43311&WRITECACHE=1&problemtype=software">Software</a>
<br>
<br>
<a href="http://helpdesk/MRcgi/MRhomepage.pl?USER=saiello&MRP=kyIY2BzC&PROJECTID=1&LASTID=43311&WRITECACHE=1&problemtype=Hardware">Hardware</a>
 
Ok, but I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do. It looks like your image in the first post to me. What's with the rat's nest of br tags and the unclosed p tag though?
 
that code makes no sense.

what are you trying to do? and what are you doing it with? What is 'footprints'?
 
I could've explained what footprints is. It's a helpdesk type software from numara.

What I posted is not exactly "code" but the links that perform a search within the software for certain criteria then display it on the main page in list for, for the helpdesk issues.

All I want to do is format the links to match how the Project Totals looks.

<br> is simple html for line breaks, but it's too far in spacing.

Ignore the <p> I should've removed that. It's like a paragraph html code.
 
Not too sound too rude, but we know what those tags are. The questions are not about what the code does, but more so why it's being posted, etc.

Also, instead of multiple <br /> tags, you could use <p> tags instead, which is more semantically correct.

So basically you want the second picture posted to look more like the first picture posted, correct?

So you want the totals posted after the link? Or do you want a 2 column layout?

The 2 column layout can be done a few different ways, but the most straight forward would be to strip out the <br />s and have all anchor tags display block, float left, and a static width. For usability purposes you could wrap each anchor in a <span> or <p> tag, than assign those attributes to that tag. That way the anchors link is not the entire box, and is only the actual text.
 
I didn't mean to be condescending or anything by trying to explain what the tags were, lol. So sorry for that. I have the links down, what I need is spacing and the layout.

I'm no programmer, so I was trying to use double <br> to see how it would space. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to these things so it's going to suck for me if I can't get it the way I want.

Do you have any links to show what you mean? I tried googling earlier but came up short.

Thanks.
 
Put each link inside of a <p> tag and then use CSS to get the padding pixel-perfect.
 
You can modify the spacing with css. (padding/margins)

And if you are talking 'semantically correct', you should be using a list for something like that, not a <p>.
 
Okay, so I pulled the source from ya know right-clicking and "view source." And just copied the code. So I managed to get the layout matched. Now to top it all off I just need to figure out how it's pulling in the numbers for the issues.

Thanks for the suggestions.
 
This is becoming more difficult than I thought. My custom links that I thought worked... do not.I asked and received zero help so far from the company.
 
can someone tell me why this shouldn't be done with tables? this looks like the textbook definition of tabular data to me.
 
I think it is done with tables. I can post the code I took from the source and copied and it looks the same. I just didn't know what I was doing.

I still hate footprints though.
 
Back
Top