trying to find an lcd 19" between $200-$250

Vulcanworlds

Limp Gawd
ok so im probably going to try to get an LCD for christmas. it's still up in there air at the moment but ill probably have to pay some of it which is fine.

i'd really like to stay at around $200. but for a 19" it's nearly impossible without catch some crazy deal. so i'd probably go up to around $250. now yes im aware that with around $300 i can get a great gaming LCD, but honestly $250 is pushing it.

so what im looking for is
LCD
19"
8-12ms response (12ms should be fine for gaming right?)
1280x1024 res
DVI (not a must but idk i dont like using the adapter)

things im not so sure on:
the contrast ratio 500:1 good? how much higher should i look if not enough?
Brightness: 250 cd/m2 is that good? average? what exactly is this determining, the darkness of black and brightness of white?

Pixel Pitch: 0.294mm is that ok? what does this really determine? is it a factor in gaming?
Display Colours 16.7 Million just like above. is anything around 16million oK?

ive been looking at these
AG Neovo F-419 (R12) Black 19" 12ms
havent heard alot about ^ seems kinda good.
ViewEra V192SD-RW Red-White 19" 8ms
i would probably get this LCD if it werent for the RED. i just couldnt handle it. but preformance wise it looks the best for $
Fujiplus FP-988D Silver-Black 19" 12ms this looks like a hit or miss with the reviews off newegg. some people say no dead pixels and great preformance other say its not really worth it. also there looks to be a rebate mishap. ill look into it more if people think this is a good monitor.

i'd also like to know of some other places to shop for LCD's. newegg has been the only place i've looked really but ZZF mainly only had $300+ stuff.

Staples has the Envision 9410e on sale for $249 right now. Here is the Newegg link for $276, but I walked out the door with this for $249- no rebates. It's not listed on Staples web site but it is on the front page of their paper flyer and it is available in store. I bought it for a system I am building for my niece and nephew for Christmas. Haven't put the system together yet so I cant tell you how it is.

Back