Trying to delete a trojan using Malwarbytes

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone, I have a nasty piece of malware that has landed on my pc. It's called BankFox.A. I've tried to run Malwarebytes but it keep overriding even that.

I tried to use taskmgr, msconfig, and even tried to just open up AVG antivirus, but it says that all are infected.

Does anyone know what it's going to take to get this thing unifected? Thanks for any help.

I'd slave the drive to another healthy PC with an updated antivirus if you can..and scan it outside of Windows.

And ditch AVG, it can't find a hole in a paper bag.....get MSE or Avira or Avast...all are faaaar superior to AVG and free for home users.

And then check out the many good tools and suggestions in the "Malware Thread" stickied atop this forum.

thanks everyone....I used a program called Rkill first then ran Malwarbytes, and that fixed it.

whewww :)

I was just going to suggest Rkill. It is very useful to end processes that are preventing you from running any other executables. Another good last ditch tool is combofix, but use it with extreme caution. I agree with what Stonecat said, ditch AVG, Avira or MSE are both quality free products.

I'd go for Avast over either of those.

I was a pretty hardcore Avast advocate until this year. I have had three separate instances this week alone where Avast-protected systems have had long-standing infections that MSE easily cleaned up. Kinda losing my faith in 'em.

Whats wrong with ComboFix? I have used it on countless machines without any ill-effects.
There's nothing wrong with ComboFix. It is just an extremely powerful program. I have seen it cripple systems when used by people that don't know what they're doing.

Whats wrong with ComboFix? I have used it on countless machines without any ill-effects.

There's nothing wrong with ComboFix. It is just an extremely powerful program. I have seen it cripple systems when used by people that don't know what they're doing.

^this. ComboFix is a great tool, very good for cleaning heavily infected systems, but it does have the capability to render a system unbootable. I myself have never seen it but I follow many forums that help people clean their system and I have seen it happen to them.

Back