Trying to decide what to do...

VRT

Limp Gawd
I have a couple of systems at my house, well actually more than a couple lol.

I don't game at all, I just looked and I bought Titanfall when it came out for PC and I have played it less than two hours.

I do mostly engineering work, photo editing along with some video from time to time. Right now on my two main systems I have setup with UP3216Q's, as primary displays. I also have a 46" commercial LED monitor that I use to put TV etc on if I want to watch something. I am going to a UP3218K at the end of the month on the system that I have in my home office.

In my garage system I have 1x1070 and I have another 1070 that I just haven't taken the time to put into the system. It seems that this setup always runs flawless.

My other system I have a single RX 480 in, and have another one that I am going to put into it also. I also have the opportunity to trade for a 1080TI, I don't really need what I am going to trade this person. Is it worth it to go from a dual setup of the RX 480's to the 1080TI?

Thoughts and why should/shouldn't I goto 1080TI's?

Thanks!

VRT

If cost is not a factor then why not? A single Ti will annihilate RX480 CFX and 1070 SLI.

Its not a cost isn't a factor. It is more of a factor of I will sell what ever I don't use, and will use those funds to buy/trade for something else.

I don't game, but I do play with video editing, I know that with Hackintosh that the AMD has acceleration that greatly out performs the NVIDIA when using FCP. I was looking for anyone that has used these in a real world situation.

I did put the other 1070 in my system in the garage, but haven't taken the time to get it running yet lol. We had a massive array fail at a clients site that I got to spend a bunch of time at over the weekend until today.

I guess I will try the systems back to back to see if I can get a real world feeling.

Back