Trying to connect to two routers, a wireless and a wired

winuser2000

Limp Gawd
ok so I setup an HTPC and i'm trying to network it to my main computer which is on a wireless network. I have the HTPC and my main computer connected to a wired router and the main pc is connected to a wireless router downstairs for internet. The problem is I can't fileshare with the HTPC and be on the internet at the same time. It's like when my wired connection is active the computer tries to use it for internet. Is there a way to specify which nic connects to the internet? I have tried disabling TCP/IP on the wired connection but then it won't get an IP from the router for file sharing. I am really frustrated and any help I could get would be much appreciated. Thanks Guys!

i'm on windows xp btw

You can specify what connection uses the internet by manually assigning the IP, but leaving out the gateway on the interface you do NOT want to be the internet connection. Not gateway, no route to the internet. You can also disable file and printer sharing on that interface. Unbind File and printer sharing on that network card.

Back