Trying to choose a case

B-Sal

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 26, 2010
Messages
101
As much as I like my good old cm690, I think I'm ready for a new case. So far I have been Looking at the HAF 932 black edition, The Lian Li A045NB and The silver stone RV-02. Does anyone else have any other suggestions or feedback on these cases. I'm looking for something with good airflow, silence, and a good look. (preferably black interior, if possible). Thanks in advance.
 
A good idea when asking for case buying advice is to list your:
  • budget
  • must-have requirements (the case must have kickass dust filters, or room for x hdds, or a 6" cpu heatsink/ 2x120mm radiator/etc)
  • preferred optionals (I'd love if the case came in blue or had a built-in fan controller)
  • known parts being used in the build (xyz mobo, tri-SLI/Xfire etc)
  • exclusions (no steel cases, no blingy chassis with windows etc)

From a "quiet cooling" standpoint, the Silverstone ft02/rv02 are pretty freakin' awesome, but they're also far from the only options because there really are a lot of great cases to chose from nowadays. Unless you're a stickler for low noise output, a great option for quiet cooling is to get a high airflow case like the Antec 902/NZXT Tempest Evo/Lian Li pc-k62/etc and use quality fans like the Scythe Gentle Typhoons or similar from Noctua/Noisekiller/Yate Loon/Scythe/etc. This might even work with your existing cm690 depending on your needs, and possibly save you money vs an entirely new chassis.
 
Back
Top