Trying to burn 2 dvd movies at once on Nero

UnrealCpu

2[H]4U
Using the latest version of Nero Recode.
Running 2 IDE DVD-RW on IDE Port 1 as primary then slave.

I am thinking of just using 2 different programs i.e dvd shrink and then recode.

Or does the 2 DVD drives need to be on different ports. ??????????????

well.. are you getting errors? drives don't both show up in the program?

When I used nero to burn to 2 dvd's at once using the multiple recorder option, they both had to be on seperate IDE channels. It kept getting buffer errors because I guess the data was getting stopped up due to lack of bandwith.. still unsure though. Put one drive on one channel, and one on the other.

If you are getting into DVD duplication, you might want a different solution. They make IDE duplicator cards with 7 or 8 ide channels on them. You could also use something automated like the Bravo II duplicator. They are expensive, but sooo worth it. You can just set your job and forget about it. I moved over to a Bravo II at my other job in a TV studio. It works awesome and even prints labels at the same time.

If you want to dual burn using two burners, both burners need to be on their own separate ide controller. Since IDE can only support one command at a time, the burners will suffer from buffer underrun while burning. And it'll take a long time to burn. I get no problems dual or triple burning discs as long as each drive is on its own controller.

Bookmage said:
If you want to dual burn using two burners, both burners need to be on their own separate ide controller. Since IDE can only support one command at a time, the burners will suffer from buffer underrun while burning. And it'll take a long time to burn. I get no problems dual or triple burning discs as long as each drive is on its own controller.

thanks for the help... I will have to get a ide controller card due to the fact that the p5wdh only has one IDE port.

blah

Back