• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Trying to break 7k in 3dmark03

ohgod

Gawd
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
620
Ok I overclocked my 9800XT to 450/400 and I overclcoked my 2500+ to 2.3GHZ 215FSB with the ram at a 1:1 Ratio. I could only get to 6908 marks. I cant overclock anything anymore or windows will get unstable. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?
My Specs:
Abit AN7 with v 15 bios
2500+ at 2.3
XMS Series Ram at 430
Buillt by ATI Radeon 9800XT at 450/400
Seagate 80 gig SATA hard drive
8 case fans
Thermalright SLK 947-U
 
Try different driver revisions (including the third party packs), and do some OS tweaking.

I haven't checked in years, but the futuremark forums are full of people who do little tricks to get a higher score.

Note to any flamers: The post is asking how to break 7000 marks, not how to get better performance in games. NO FLAMING
 
Im using the latest Omega drivers, can you recommend any windows tweaking utilities or things I should do?
 
Originally posted by ohgod
Im using the latest Omega drivers, can you recommend any windows tweaking utilities or things I should do?

Can only remember a few of them. For the OS, just make sure there aren't any processes running at all. You can even limit windows right down with no services what-so-ever, making it basically useless, but you can still run 3Dmark2k3.

As for further hardware tweaks, if you have 2 sticks of memory, try removing the worse of the two, and increasing the timings/clock. 3Dmark doesn't need a ton of ram to run well.

Also, try older driver revisions. Lots of the time, you can get better score with older driver revisions. I believe Omega offers all of their old versions too.

Check out the futuremark forums for more tweaks and hints
 
before I run it I close down any proceses windows doesnt need so there are about 15-16 left I defrag every 2 days and scan for adware once a week
 
I'm still trying to break the 5k... lol :p

get only 4492

mybe if i change my psu i can overclock my system and

the 3dmark test want born my psu :)
 
Vmod your 9800XT.....3DMark03 is mostly on a vid card......the higher the card clocks the better score you get......do fresh reinstall windows and clocked everything to the max.....and watch your pc break 7k.........
 
Make sure fastwrites are off in the bios and driver control panel. Also check your AGP apeture setting and set it to 128.
 
I'm trying to break the 4k mark and man i'm so fucking close i can feel it.
 
Yea you really close and me too why i cant get another 8 points

:p

and i can break 5k :)
 
The thing is that 3DMark03 is primarily a video card benchmark, like it or not. System tweaks and overclocking have effect MOSTLY on Wings of Fury.....which is the only test that almost everyone can run. Because of this however, the points aren't really weighted heavily towards GT1.....your score jumps a LOT more from improvements in GT2-4, which will almost ONLY come from video card tweaks and overclocking. I'm dead serious.....I've tried it out, overclocking my P4 200MHz MIGHT move my 3DMark03 by MAYBE a hundred or two hundred points.....but that's primarily just from gains in GT1. If your video card overclock IS topped out then there isn't really much you can do other then trying different drivers. If you're looking SOLELY to raise your 3DMark03 score, I have found that the 4.4 Cat's show the most gains.....in that area. My most recommended release though is 3.9.....I have yet to find a driver set that is OVERALL faster then the 3.9's.....and I love 'em for it.

Give the different drivers a shot and beyond that formatting shoudl bump you over 7k in itself, it just depends on how willing you are to get that score. ;)

Good luck with it.....let us know.

PS: If any of you reading this have dealt with me around here before, you'll already know how passionate I am about graphics cards. I'm actually going to be writing up a video card overclocking/benchmarking guide that we can call our own.....starting tomorrow. I'll be adding it to my Video Card FAQ sticky that's already up so watch for updates by monday or so and be sure to PM me if you have any questions or recommendations.
 
The problem is then i tweak my system and run 3dmark 03 after test 1 i cabt take my psu and wroth it to the gebge!!
so i cant tweak my system and run 03 ... why???
 
Originally posted by TommyW
The problem is then i tweak my system and run 3dmark 03 after test 1 i cabt take my psu and wroth it to the gebge!!
so i cant tweak my system and run 03 ... why???

:confused: What??? :confused:
 
LOL

ok then o overclock and tweak my system and run 3dmarl 03
my psu dies!! i dont know why... its a generic 400watt psu :p
 
Originally posted by henesseynalert
Vmod your 9800XT.....3DMark03 is mostly on a vid card......the higher the card clocks the better score you get......do fresh reinstall windows and clocked everything to the max.....and watch your pc break 7k.........

Listen to him. You have to get your GPU core higher, and you're going to have to increase the voltage on it to really get it going. Try around 10-15% which is about 1.78 to 1.85V for a 9800.
 
what are fastwrites, im trying to reach 7k too. im at about 6960 right now. ive defraged and did scanware and stuff. but i do have fastwrites on.
 
You know what's funny?

I *just* broke 7K on 3dMark03....last night! So, it was interesting reading this thread!

Oh, I did it....

On a GeForceFX 5900XT! This card is running about $175 right now. How much did you pay for your card that can't quite hit it yet? :p

Okay, okay, so I tweaked the hell out of it and vModded it...
xt_mods_sm.jpg
 
Originally posted by dderidex
On a GeForceFX 5900XT! This card is running about $175 right now. How much did you pay for your card that can't quite hit it yet?

Even though you're just joking around here dude that's REALLY not funny. There are cards that excell in different areas just a little bit more. My friend has a 2.6C @ 3.25GHz, 1GB of Geil, and an MSI 5900XT overclocked and he's at 53,670 in Aquamark3.....where I was only able to hit 53,037 with my 3.65GHz/1GB OCZ/9800XT overclocked. Does that mean his card is better? NO.....far from it. Try cranking up AA and AF on that 5900XT of yours and THEN we'll see how it stands up to our 9800XT's. ;)

JK, no hard feelings.....I knew you didn't really mean anything by it. :cool:
 
Originally posted by dderidex
You know what's funny?

I *just* broke 7K on 3dMark03....last night! So, it was interesting reading this thread!

Oh, I did it....

On a GeForceFX 5900XT! This card is running about $175 right now. How much did you pay for your card that can't quite hit it yet? :p

Okay, okay, so I tweaked the hell out of it and vModded it...

NOTE: This project has not been run with Futuremark approved drivers, or the status of the drivers can not be determined. The accuracy of the results can not be guaranteed. For more information on how to get a valid and comparable result, please refer to this page.

Try doing that with the 52.16 drivers. It wont happen.

I broke 7k last July.. :p
 
Back
Top