• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

trying to add a new hard drive

Lord Akira

n00b
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
33
I recently found an old hard drive that I had discarded a while back, and I thought it would be nice to put it in my new computer. I put it in and it's set up as a slave and I can see it in my BIOS, I can see it in my hardware list, but I can't see it in My Computer or get access to it any other way.The only problems that I can think of are that the old hard drive is an IBM and my newer one is a Seagate, and that might be a problem (I really don't know),or that I still have Windows XP installed on my old hard drive. Thanks for any help.
 
Yes, presuming that you are not concerned about erasing whatever data may still be on the drive, but inaccessible for lack of a file system. If you want to blow away the drive, then right click the unallocated space and select New Patition...
 
Back
Top