Trying this again. Help me please. Tough question.

DeadPixel

Weaksauce
Alright I tried this before but couldn't decide on answers. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to tell you exactly what I have to work with, how much money I have to spend, and you're going to buy it for me. No, not actually buy it silly, just tell me what to buy. =P

Alright, here's what I have:

I have the creative gigaworks s750 SPEAKERS. The satellites. I have all of them. Unfortunately, my entire amp/sub broke as well as the control pod. These hook up using the old school speaker wire. Red and black. I have absolutely NO IDEA if these would work with something else, but they should. There are 7 of them altogether, as it is a 7.1 system, minus the sub/amp.

I also have two 100 Watt floor speakers. These are pretty big, pretty old, but in great shape. No idea how they sound. These also hook up using the old school speaker wire. Red and black.

For budget, I have 300 to spend.

Now, please use what I've listed and tell me what exactly I should do with this situation. Pleaes don't say "oh, get a reciever" because that's not specific. I am the noob, you are the pro. I need EXACT answers. I tried this before but only had one person helping me. He did a good job, but some people told me differently. So I'm asking, to the "pros" here, what should I do?

I at LEAST need a 5.1 system. I have a decent sound card already. So it's anything between 5.1 and 7.1 that's game for me.

I know this sounds rude, but I've been trying to find a specific answer and just couldn't get it. I know it's good to do research sometimes, but when you don't have much money, trusting yourself isn't that easy. So please, if anybody could give me a straightforward answer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, note this is on sale, if it would be worth it:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-54...ckdeals&ie=UTF8&s=electronics&tag2=slickdeals

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
is the sub not in warranty? it might be an idea to just buy a whole new set of the same again... if you want to do it that way :p

Or, in theory each satellite speaker will have a +ve and -ve terminal, so a reciever would act as the amp. However, you would need a sub and an amp for 300. $ i presume? i have no idea on the american pricing of stuff.... but i dont think you could go far wrong with a decent frequency range sub (not uber low frequency, the satellites of the creative wont go very low).

I appreciate the effort but those are the kinds of answers I was getting before. I know I could get a receiver. I know this, trust me. I don't know WHAT to get. I'm trying to explain my situation and get the best thing.

No, my sub is not under warranty.

A Denon AVR-587 can connect the seven satellites and its power output is similar to the amp in the Gigaworks, its ~$300, you'd still need a sub.

Pioneer VSX-816-K ~$270
Pioneer VSX-516-K ~$170

Those list 100W per channel so perhaps its safer to keep the volume half way up to avoid distortion.

There is a thread on creative's forum where someone managed to repair his blown gigaworks, give it a try, maybe you end up spending around $20 in replacements.

You want an exact answer, here is one, you aren't going to like it.

With $300, you can't do shit.

go buy another set of computer speakers, throw these out/sell them on ebay/donate them to salvation army, and be done with it.

Alright bump..I know you can do something with $300. We'll say my budget is $500 then. =P

Also take into consideration if I have a receiver it'll have to accept several wire inputs.

Back