trying for a raid setup..will this work?

oshia86

Gawd
I'm totally new with this multiple hard drive thing but i have a reasonable goal in mind. I have 2 western digital 320gb drives and i want to run them in a raid-0 configuration. I got a wd 500 gp drive today that im gonna use for backup. I have vista installed on one of the 320's and the other is set as a storage drive. i want to make an image of the 320s and put it on the 500gb drive. Then i want to config the 320s for raid0 then install the vista image back onto the 320s in raid0. Is this the simplest way i can accomplish this or will it work at all? Thanks guys

anyone? i started the process so i guess ill find out, feel free to leave any pointers

Well i think i hit a wall, i have vista home premium and i was planning on doing a software raid but it seems that wont actually work how i thought. Hmm...

edit: well vista home premium doesnt support dynamic disks so im out of luck for now, would i be able to setup a raid array if i had an actually raid controller? I really dont want to have to upgrade to vista ultimate either just to have raid. Thanks for all the help :rolleyes:

If you are going to boot from the RAID array it needs to be on a hardware controller.

Back